• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 mountain cat w/ riot spindles and elevate rails?

A

an171

Nov 6, 2009
So I have a 2019 Mountain cat 153 that I put the riot spindles on with the tki upper a arms. I tried moving the front skid bolt down like the bdx kit recommends to take off some ski pressure. When I did this it trenched like crazy so I put it back to the stock location, and now the front is super heavy. I have a bunch of lugs ripped off the 153x3" track so I need to upgrade the track. I want to put 162 rails under it because I'm fat and need some extra floatation. I was just going to put iceage bomber rails under it but got to wondering if I could put the elevate rails under it how that would react, if I can even buy just the rails, I don't know. Any opinions on this?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
You should be able to order just the elevate rails. I started with an alpha elevate kit (ran a season) and then changed out the alpha rail to an elevate twin rail setup. The elevate rails should work better, the front is arched different then the standard rails; designed for a raised front end.

F

Fredrik

Nov 29, 2007
Put rear suspension down go harder on center shock and start with 160 at rear shock,this is good setup on cat hovewer it feeels heavy in some conditions.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
not sure how much longer riot spindles are but mine at 1.5" higher, I was able to dial out the heavy front just by cranking preload on the FTS significantly. Does not trench or wheely bad either since the skis are closer to the snow when it transfers. I think mohawk or skis with a shallower than stock keel are part of the recipe if you want to run longer spindles and leave skid alone.

A

an171

Nov 6, 2009
So I guess my main question is should I buy the elevate rails or the stock style bomber rails?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Hey snojet, not sure how long I had a sad on your post but I must’ve accidentally hit it swiping, switched to a like. Kinda funny cuz I’m running riot spindles with mowhawks and love it.

Premium Features