• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3.25 track???

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Track speed means nothing when you aren't moving. My 300LX grossly outperformed a 165 Boost with a 2.75 climbing a steep hill last time I was out. It was making 6 to 7 mph more track speed but probably going 4-5mph slower up the hill. Power is worthless if you can't get it to the ground.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Track speed means nothing when you aren't moving. My 300LX grossly outperformed a 165 Boost with a 2.75 climbing a steep hill last time I was out. It was making 6 to 7 mph more track speed but probably going 4-5mph slower up the hill. Power is worthless if you can't get it to the ground.
Well said.
Your coming over to the dark side.

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I liked my m770 track on my 155 boost sure isn’t a lot of tunnel clearance but it hooks so hard. Trenches a lot more than my 165 2.75 did but has a lot more traction. After about 100 miles it seemed to soften slightly and I like it better. Also I get more rpm now after a few miles on it but it still works the boost a lot harder than the stock track. I dropped about 150 rpm from the stock track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Caught a glimpse of it on IG. This is on Burandt's XLT Turbo mod. No more center port.
He isn't telling the truth about what track he's running. This is the same track on his Ultra Light. He said he put the 3.25 on his turbo and this is not the 3.25 Polaris track. It looks more like the 300LX than the 3.25 Polaris. I have a feeling we are going to disappointed with the new track next year!

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
He isn't telling the truth about what track he's running. This is the same track on his Ultra Light. He said he put the 3.25 on his turbo and this is not the 3.25 Polaris track. It looks more like the 300LX than the 3.25 Polaris. I have a feeling we are going to disappointed with the new track next year!
I remember seeing an Instagram video from Burandt where the 9r ultralite sled was upside down and it did look similar to this one, I was surprised when the 3.25 was released and it looked like just a taller lugged version of the 2.75, I expected something more like this.

This screenshot I took was from Emil Ahrling's story on Instagram from the Klim team ride. He was talking in the video as he looked at the track, but I don't speak whatever language he does so no idea what he said about it.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Great now I’m going to have to order a lynx track for my boost it cost so much anymore to fix brand new Polaris sleds but it’s still better then the other sleds available.
What I’m hearing is most riders who aren’t sponsored by Polaris aren’t big fans of the 3.25.
I’ve wasted so much money on worthless snowmobile stuff over the years I put little faith in what sponsored riders say about products I alway have to remember they are paid to like things so they are a terrible source of information.
I know quite a few years ago Burandt put out a YouTube video saying how awesome the new conquer 280 track was. I think everyone figured out soon after what a terrible track it was and Burandt never talked about it again.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I remember seeing an Instagram video from Burandt where the 9r ultralite sled was upside down and it did look similar to this one, I was surprised when the 3.25 was released and it looked like just a taller lugged version of the 2.75, I expected something more like this.

This screenshot I took was from Emil Ahrling's story on Instagram from the Klim team ride. He was talking in the video as he looked at the track, but I don't speak whatever language he does so no idea what he said about it.
Chris told me no posting pictures of the tracks. I can say that is the same track on his UltraLight. When I was in CO I was told the track I was riding (which happened to be the 3.25) and what he was riding on his Ultra Light were both prototypes so I wasn't sure what Polaris was going to release. I originally figured they were going to have 2 new tracks. When they only released 1 new track it was obvious that he's riding something different. In one of his posts he said he had the 3.25 on his turbo sled which isn't true if this truly is a picture of his turbo. When I text him and asked what track was actually on his Ultra Light he never responded. ??‍♂️

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Chris told me no posting pictures of the tracks. I can say that is the same track on his UltraLight. When I was in CO I was told the track I was riding (which happened to be the 3.25) and what he was riding on his Ultra Light were both prototypes so I wasn't sure what Polaris was going to release. I originally figured they were going to have 2 new tracks. When they only released 1 new track it was obvious that he's riding something different. In one of his posts he said he had the 3.25 on his turbo sled which isn't true if this truly is a picture of his turbo. When I text him and asked what track was actually on his Ultra Light he never responded. ??‍♂️

I asked Dan Adams some questions about the 3.25 track after his you tube video and I didn’t get a response either. To be fair it was only a couple days ago and maybe he will reply.
Some of the claims are hard for me to believe.
They say it doesn’t trench, gets right on top of the snow, propels you forward like nothing they’ve experienced but is still playful and a 155” 3.25 is like a 165 2.75. I find hard to believe that this is all true. I would be thrilled if they are though.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
#noreply ?

Looks like a lighter weight version of the 300lx.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I asked Dan Adams some questions about the 3.25 track after his you tube video and I didn’t get a response either. To be fair it was only a couple days ago and maybe he will reply.
Some of the claims are hard for me to believe.
They say it doesn’t trench, gets right on top of the snow, propels you forward like nothing they’ve experienced but is still playful and a 155” 3.25 is like a 165 2.75. I find hard to believe that this is all true. I would be thrilled if they are though.
The 3.25 trenches, doesn't get up on the snow very well, and is not very playful in CO snow. But after riding Caleb's sled with the M770-3R in Montana, that track trenches but its way more playful and seems to get up on the snow faster. Like I have said even though I order the 3.25 for my Boost, I have set the bar extremely low for the 3.25. I would have changed the track anyway if I ordered a 2.75.

C
Nov 29, 2008
I'm just giving you a hard time and was referring to Caleb Kesterke. I couldn't agree with you more. I think the majority of people should be on a 165 unless you are a very good and aggressive rider. Especially if you are over 40.
Nope ! 54 and prefer the 155 ...longer sleds push too much ..tree riding coastal snow

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
How does the 300lx on an 850 na

I put a Lynx track on my 155 850 NA, supposedly the same track as the 300lx. Weighed 5lbs more than the 2.75 I took off. I have about 300km on it now and really like it so far. I haven't run it in really dry powder yet, but from relatively thin/wet over a setup base, to a couple feet of fresh, I'm finding it hooks up noticeably better (pulling out of holes, lifting the skis, holding a wheelie, shooting up a slope... all smiles). I did bump up finish rate a tad on both clutch springs to run the same RPM, but otherwise don't find the NA has any trouble with the track.

What @b-litt said here rings true from my experience. This track likes to be ridden more aggressively.

I will say the 2.75 is super easy for me to ride in trees. It spins so much and is constantly breaking the snow. Much like the 2.6. It makes fast maneuvers possible with less effort. Also makes the sled feel lighter.
It took me a bit to understand how to ride the 300lx in trees. I have to be aggressive and on the pin. When you ride slow it will tend to trench and feel heavy imo. Now that I’m used to it I can’t stand riding the 2.75.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Caught a glimpse of it on IG. This is on Burandt's XLT Turbo mod. No more center port.
That track is what I would buy in a heartbeat for our snow conditions in BC. Anyone know if the 3.25 will be available to purchase this fall? Would like to put one on my Cat when the narrowed 165 Doo track fails (fully fails as it has paddles wanting to leave the party soon.)

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
yeah that looks aggressive. good ol 2-3 lug pattern. should be a billy goat. gonna find out how to do some maneuvers without the throttle taped to the bar now

Premium Features