• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Matrix - Minor annoyances/Tips and tricks

D
Dec 15, 2020
Ha!
After a good tree session when everyone in the group has spaghetti noodle arms……

I can see the jealousy on every single face after hitting the key. ?

Looks like you have a good dose of it yourself ?

It’s also good for burying the poor sucker who parks in the spray zone, chrmm braaappp - snowpile.

I think of it as no different than single track on 300’s.

Nobody wants a kickstart only bike after a good hillclimb session. ?
Last season out in the Snowies we rode for about an hour in trees and all met up for a break. When we decided to get back playing in the trees I turned my key and started my sled. My buddy with his modded 900 Arctic Cat said "my next sled will have E start" He went on tell us his he hates to turn of his sled cause he dreads pull that cord. LOL so I TOTALLy agree with your post. I think you have to have it to appreciate it sometimes.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Last season out in the Snowies we rode for about an hour in trees and all met up for a break. When we decided to get back playing in the trees I turned my key and started my sled. My buddy with his modded 900 Arctic Cat said "my next sled will have E start" He went on tell us his he hates to turn of his sled cause he dreads pull that cord. LOL so I TOTALLy agree with your post. I think you have to have it to appreciate it sometimes.
I have a 16' Renegade for running the trails with ES and didn't care that it came with ES because of running the trails. This was my first ever ES. I also have a 13' Summit that is PS. Between being old enough to not care what other people think, having a bad shoulder and being exposed to ES on the Renegade I will never own another sled with out ES. Not sure what my next sled will be since it is time for me to upgrade the Summit this spring. Likely' a N/A Maytrix Slash unless some legit wiz bang ah inspiring update from the other Manufactures comes from their 2023 release.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I rode my Kahos Boost 155 last night and it is super front heavy with almost no ski lift. I though these things were supposed to be playful. LOL I have allot of work to do to get this sleds suspension dialed in.
Low snow conditions?

Common symptoms.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Very little preload on fts. My buddy and i are going out tomorrow. I talked him into riding the stock 165 first, to see what he thinks since he came off a 2020 163 kaos with m66. Sucker
Then I'll give him his boost. Curious on his opinion of matryx before you throw the boost in the mix.

D
Dec 15, 2020
Ya it's low but I'm just use to having more ski lift. I'll be going to Wyoming for some deep snow Friday so maybe I'll wait to change things till I get in some deep stuff. Does it make a huge difference?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Huge difference. My buddy's 165 boost is awesome. I'm sure you want to be a little more cautious on 155 but i would boost it an inch and use the high and low speed yo control it after that. My buddy's 165 isn't all the way but close. The old sleds would trench a little if you went to far but his 165 just flies up on the snow.
Does your 155 have extroverts? Seen a Muskoka video where he made it sound like it didn't. Thought they were all coming with them.

D
Dec 15, 2020
Huge difference. My buddy's 165 boost is awesome. I'm sure you want to be a little more cautious on 155 but i would boost it an inch and use the high and low speed yo control it after that. My buddy's 165 isn't all the way but close. The old sleds would trench a little if you went to far but his 165 just flies up on the snow.
Does your 155 have extroverts? Seen a Muskoka video where he made it sound like it didn't. Thought they were all coming with them.
"boost" what in an inch?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I had the AI arms on my Axys and didn't have any issues at all.
Of course I went from 38" to 36".
It’s very similar to running SLP powder pro ski’s vs Grippers.

Increased steering effort.

Not so noticeable until you swap back to something stock.

The difference is that the heim style A arms have increased steering effort even when the ski’s are in the air.

Lift the front of 2 sleds and swing the handlebars to see the difference. (Especially out on the snow)

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Going to try and put on a few miles tomorrow and see how she behaves.
If I am still not happy I will swap the stock ones back on.
I ordered CV's kit just now, that should help some but I think the biggest issue is FTS/RTS set up.
I have 6 turns on the FTS now, probably play with that more tomorrow on the mountain.

I also sent an email about the FTS eye extension and limiter strap, waiting to hear back.
All I saw on the website was for Axys and included anti stab which I don't believe I will need.

D
Dec 15, 2020
Yes on extro's

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Preventative thought on a Boost...bring along a jam nut and set screw for the secondary (as in - the deflection adjuster from NA P85 clutch models) . If the one way bearing in the primary ever binds up, you should just be able to give it some deflection and keep riding. Otherwise if that bearing piles up and the belt is tight...you've got more problems.

Have not seen any failures on a Boost....but have seen lots of similar problems with various ATV models using similar 1-way bearings over the years.

D
Dec 15, 2020
Preventative thought on a Boost...bring along a jam nut and set screw for the secondary (as in - the deflection adjuster from NA P85 clutch models) . If the one way bearing in the primary ever binds up, you should just be able to give it some deflection and keep riding. Otherwise if that bearing piles up and the belt is tight...you've got more problems.

Have not seen any failures on a Boost....but have seen lots of similar problems with various ATV models using similar 1-way bearings over the years.
Good info..

Premium Features