• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Known Boost Issues and if Polaris 2024 Models Will Address Them

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I would think anyone that is willing to spend this amount of money on a turboed sled dosent spend the money for spring riding it’s the deep pow. That’s where it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True but for some that only get out weekends it can be hit and miss to get the ideal conditions. I appreciate all conditions and like to make the best of it.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Just the opposite
4 gen 5 sleds in my group and not one issue between them all
We all look over our sleds pre and post rides every time
We ride hard (who doesn’t?)
What’s the common denominator?
I’m going with the rider! / mechanic !
My sled has been the best sled I have ever bought
Extremely happy
Out of are 3 Gen 5’s. One chain case, 2 sleds with reeds, one charge tube, 1 injector failure, 1 turbo servo failure, 2 sleds leaking brake reservoirs, 1 sled all track rods broke, skipping drivers, belts only lasting 500-700km, 2 sleds with broken running boards at the back. My sled goes into a heated shop every night and is checked over/clutches cleaned there is no lack of maintenance, had zero issues with the 4 Gen 4 turbos in our group last year, same riders as this year on the Gen 5’s. Definitely experienced new model problems with our sleds, dealer laughs everytime I go in of what is broke now. A lot of people don’t ride hard and depending on snow conditions never really push their sleds. We had a month of chest deep snow this year and these sleds got put through the wringer. Unreal what they will go through. Still waiting on parts for mine, dealer is saying May I might have it back. It has been sitting there since mid February.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Be proactive and buy a ski Doo gen 5
Hands down the best sled I have ever owned coming from a seasoned veteran on Polaris sleds
No recalls. No brake baloney no bogging no wrenching on it for 2 days to make it right no buying all kinds of aftermarket stuff to make it right ski Doo Starts on 1/2 pull first time every time sitting outside all night
Shot is fantastic
Turbo is unbeatable
16” wide track 34” ski stance sounds like it won’t work but it does.
Find a buddy that has one and test drive it and you will buy one
Drop the mike
to be fair, the gen5 has not really held up either. chain case issues, RAVE valves, reeds, the list goes on. Pick your mic back up please.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Do you run pure 100LL on the stock tune? Or just add a little to each tank? Or have a 100LL tune?

I am planning to try a 100LL tune but probably going to wait til next season at this point to go through the trouble to re-clutch. The airport by my house sells 100LL 24/7 so it's easy enough to get. Curious on how you are using it, I honestly do not know much about it.

I run 100% 100LL in my boost on an aftermarket tune, with aftermarket clutching. Its crisp in the bottom end, spools up fast and makes insane power / trackspeed. In the range of 220HP...

To get back on topic of the OP - the intake boot (throttle body adapter) issues are accompanied by reeds cracking due to uneven airflow through the throttle body adapters, I'm getting my sled back from the shop today for broken reeds and torn intake boots. Really hope Polaris addresses that on the 2024..

Nearly 3000 (HARD) km on my 2022 boost and for the most part its been a solid sled, only issue has been an exploding primary clutch (before bolt upgrade) and the torn intake boots / cracked reeds.

Polaris does have a lot of refining to do on the intake, exhaust, clutch reliability in comparison to the Gen5 out of the box. Anyone who claims there isn't an issue with the 2023 G5 chaincase is drinking too much of the yellow Kool-aid. G5 is a great sled, but there's far too many chaincase failures vs. the G4 chassis to claim it's not a problem.

G5 is gonna be even better when they switch over to 15" wide tracks.... That might be my next sled, we'll see!

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I run 100% 100LL in my boost on an aftermarket tune, with aftermarket clutching. Its crisp in the bottom end, spools up fast and makes insane power / trackspeed. In the range of 220HP...

To get back on topic of the OP - the intake boot (throttle body adapter) issues are accompanied by reeds cracking due to uneven airflow through the throttle body adapters, I'm getting my sled back from the shop today for broken reeds and torn intake boots. Really hope Polaris addresses that on the 2024..

Nearly 3000 (HARD) km on my 2022 boost and for the most part its been a solid sled, only issue has been an exploding primary clutch (before bolt upgrade) and the torn intake boots / cracked reeds.

Polaris does have a lot of refining to do on the intake, exhaust, clutch reliability in comparison to the Gen5 out of the box. Anyone who claims there isn't an issue with the 2023 G5 chaincase is drinking too much of the yellow Kool-aid. G5 is a great sled, but there's far too many chaincase failures vs. the G4 chassis to claim it's not a problem.

G5 is gonna be even better when they switch over to 15" wide tracks.... That might be my next sled, we'll
What symptoms did you have to expect torn intake boots?

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
What symptoms did you have to expect torn intake boots?

wouldn’t pull over 7900rpm a bit sluggish across rpm range. Depending on the severity of the boost leak, it could actually feel like an NA sled and possibly run lean / high idle if it’s a really bad tear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
Yes, I just run the stock 91 non eth tune. 100% avgas.

Do you run pure 100LL on the stock tune? Or just add a little to each tank? Or have a 100LL tune?

I am planning to try a 100LL tune but probably going to wait til next season at this point to go through the trouble to re-clutch. The airport by my house sells 100LL 24/7 so it's easy enough to get. Curious on how you are using it, I honestly do not know much about it.

Premium Features