• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Matrix - Minor annoyances/Tips and tricks

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
To start, I am stoked to have a factory boost wagon, and know I am one of the lucky ones to have one on hand already. I love the sled! Here are the minor issues I have found thus far (have not gotten the sled in deep snow yet)

1. Not much room for belt changes compared to the Axys. Found the trick is to always start from the bottom of the secondary, weather installing or removing
2. Grips are spinning on the bars - Been a while since I had a new sled with the spinning grips! Need to try and remove, and add some grip glue.
3. Recoil handle buzzes on the plastic something fierce. Sounds like when I get radio static over the CB. Not sure how to address this one yet, but likely a simple fix
4. Secondary tool is not retained well. I replaced with a hitch pin, and put the secondary tool in my tool kit like a saw from another guy on youtube.
5. Plastic panel with the switches/tether mount sure is loose. I added some plastic push rivets like I saw from another guy on youtube.

Anyone else notice these same issues? Any of your own you would like to add, and how you fixed them?

Again.... I have not been lucky enough to have mine out in the deep snow, so I have not had a chance to really test of the other small issues others are seeing i.e. snow ingestion on the clutches/in the glove box.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
To start, I am stoked to have a factory boost wagon, and know I am one of the lucky ones to have one on hand already. I love the sled! Here are the minor issues I have found thus far (have not gotten the sled in deep snow yet)

1. Not much room for belt changes compared to the Axys. Found the trick is to always start from the bottom of the secondary, weather installing or removing
2. Grips are spinning on the bars - Been a while since I had a new sled with the spinning grips! Need to try and remove, and add some grip glue.
3. Recoil handle buzzes on the plastic something fierce. Sounds like when I get radio static over the CB. Not sure how to address this one yet, but likely a simple fix
4. Secondary tool is not retained well. I replaced with a hitch pin, and put the secondary tool in my tool kit like a saw from another guy on youtube.
5. Plastic panel with the switches/tether mount sure is loose. I added some plastic push rivets like I saw from another guy on youtube.

Anyone else notice these same issues? Any of your own you would like to add, and how you fixed them?

Again.... I have not been lucky enough to have mine out in the deep snow, so I have not had a chance to really test of the other small issues others are seeing i.e. snow ingestion on the clutches/in the glove box.
Pictures of the plastic push pins you added?

And the hitch pin?

T
Oct 16, 2017
Of your issues - the panel where the key and tether mount is also lifting up on mine. Haven’t had issues from it though. The secondary tool panel mount is also terrible.

Other thing I’d note is the air filter screens are not glued super well and get blocked immediately in deep snow - and the throttle block is awful with icing.

Sled rides incredible though and minor quibbles aside is a great step up from an axys

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
I have to agree. Mine makes all kinds of little wired vibrating noises. The tunnel rattle sounds the worst. There’s a few things that seem a little on the cheesy side

Gideup

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2011
Mnt Rainier, WA
My boost right out first ride vibrated and hummed a lot. At 85 miles now, vibration and hum less as belts and track are starting to brake in.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have to agree. Mine makes all kinds of little wired vibrating noises. The tunnel rattle sounds the worst. There’s a few things that seem a little on the cheesy side
Regarding the tunnel rattle…….
Likely you have loose screws from the dealer assembly.

Run through them with a torx and check.

My 165 boost has zero rattling in the tunnel.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Ya, saw someone bought a 3’x5’ sheet of frogskin from somewhere. Where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Sorry, spoke before I looked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Sheetmealfab they need more air intake area, stockers were getting plugged up alot in 3-4' today.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Problem is the shelf at the bottom of them for snow to sit on. Look at 17 or 18 doo. They never plugged. They were susceptible to damage but didn't matter how deep snow was. They always ran.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Vents plugging is a nice problem to have... but agree that it totally sucks.

My turbo doo was great about keeping the vents clear with the turbo blow off through the top vents. Wondering if the boost sleds have a similar feature or if they vent elsewhere?

R
Nov 24, 2014
I have had an issue with my pipe rubbing against the bumper. There is a thread on this but its worth mentioning for those who don’t want to get caught off guard.

I put a couple washers on the pipe rubber and it fixed that.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Pictures of the plastic push pins you added?

And the hitch pin?
7d32eea2932fd6851c39673bf350c1bc.jpg

a853947a918d56989c5e843168ec9e5d.jpg

33ea20395738050ec1a023d48a25eb46.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features