• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Known Boost Issues and if Polaris 2024 Models Will Address Them

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Have a 2024 Boost coming... I hope.

So far I'm hearing and seeing first hand the following. Please add any others.

• The wire harness is failing at the fuel injection sensor pigtail and throwing low fuel pressure code and going into limp mode.
  • P-22 failing, sounds like aluminum spider and flexing tower issues.
  • Intake boots tearing, were these an update for 2023?
  • Air intakes getting blocked in deep snow and causing bog, need for redesign or secondary intake.
  • EV Actuator issues. Sound like this has been a known issue for a while and maybe just needed ECU re-flash, did it get addressed in 2023?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I heard the bogging was not from the intake plugging since Polaris added an under hood airbox valve in 23. The bogging is supposed to be from snow plugging the exhaust and before boost the engine does not have enough exhaust pressure to blow the snow away since it is trying to spin out big clutch weights and starting in second gear due to the P-22's larger engagement diameter.

The failing P-22 spider might be from the clutch bolt loosening off and the slider pucks falling out first. I hope to hear from a few with first hand knowledge to explain this better.

I have one coming to so have many of the same concerns.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Fuel pumps and injectors are still issues. And the bog still happens even in low snow.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Have a 2024 Boost coming... I hope.

So far I'm hearing and seeing first hand the following. Please add any others.

• The wire harness is failing at the fuel injection sensor pigtail and throwing low fuel pressure code and going into limp mode.
  • P-22 failing, sounds like aluminum spider and flexing tower issues.
  • Intake boots tearing, were these an update for 2023?
  • Air intakes getting blocked in deep snow and causing bog, need for redesign or secondary intake.
  • EV Actuator issues. Sound like this has been a known issue for a while and maybe just needed ECU re-flash, did it get addressed in 2023?

Why did you order one if you have legit concerns of all these issues? Model year 2022 had most of not all these issues and 2023 they did nothing about them. You hoping for a miracle in 2024?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Why did you order one if you have legit concerns of all these issues? Model year 2022 had most of not all these issues and 2023 they did nothing about them. You hoping for a miracle in 2024?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's time to order a new sled and I can deal with most of these issues myself; run a new and balanced P-85 clutch, modify the air box for additional intake (if needed), buy a billet or spare oem intake boot, and run a Boondocker tunnel dump can to make sure there's no right side deep pow bog. I haven't heard much on the EV issue so not too worried there. I've also heard the wire harness issue is being addressed for next year but wanted to see if anyone is hearing the same as it didn't come directly from Po.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
It's time to order a new sled and I can deal with most of these issues myself; run a new and balanced P-85 clutch, modify the air box for additional intake (if needed), buy a billet or spare oem intake boot, and run a Boondocker tunnel dump can to make sure there's no right side deep pow bog. I haven't heard much on the EV issue so not too worried there. I've also heard the wire harness issue is being addressed for next year but wanted to see if anyone is hearing the same as it didn't come directly from Po.
I want the P-22 clutch to work as buddy put on a P-85 on his 9R and it broke in half and was a bitch to get the stub off the crank. He was on his own as warranty would not cover the P-85 or anything to do with it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I ordered a 24' boost as well. My biggest concern was the deep snow bogging. Has only ever happened when the intakes get plugged. If I keep the snow and ice off the intakes its runs very strong. From what I've heard there are a number of updates (15 according to the local Polaris rep) that address issues on the 22 & 23' boost. Im pretty sure the P-22 is here to stay. I put a P-85 on my 22' boost and it was phenomenal, title go on my 24' when it comes. Once I put the 300lx track and got the 23' update tune in my 22' it was a great machine. I really loved it, except on super deep powder days. On the really deep powder days I had to ride my G5 turbo, it never ever bogged out when covered with snow. The powder bog is one of the things I was told will be addressed on the 24's.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Wire harness for FPS is addressed, my 2023 was updated new plug when it was in for an EV actuator reflash. Reflash solved the EV issue, was never a performance issue. From listening to the snowest podcast the 2024 runs that much better again over the 2023. Hopefully an update will be available in the fall tuning wise for past years sleds. The bogging issue is very noticeable in deep snow, makes the sled unridable compared to a Gen 5 in the deep (never a bog or anything). I’ve added more venting to my sled and an RPM intake elbow but haven’t had deep snow since. My sled definitely is better with bogging after break in but still think hard right side carves and slow sidhills are plugging the exhaust. I’ll be doing a boondocker tunnel dump if it’s too bad in the deep.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Sad but true, especially When you compare the first year doo factory turbo to the first year Polaris factory turbo.
To be fair the first year of the Doo factory turbo was not even in the same league as the first year of the factory Boost. If Polaris built a Boost that could not even keep up with the N/A sleds it might have a lot less problems too.

I can say this as every N/A that lined up with the 21.5 and 22 Doo turbo beat them in a race, and that was at altitude. Did not matter if it was a Polaris N/A or a Doo N/A, the results were the same. Sad but true too.

Now before all the excuses start rolling in, this would not be the same results if a Boost was lined up with the N/A for the same distance we raced.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
To be fair the first year of the Doo factory turbo was not even in the same league as the first year of the factory Boost. If Polaris built a Boost that could not even keep up with the N/A sleds it might have a lot less problems too.

I can say this as every N/A that lined up with the 21.5 and 22 Doo turbo beat them in a race, and that was at altitude. Did not matter if it was a Polaris N/A or a Doo N/A, the results were the same. Sad but true too.

Now before all the excuses start rolling in, this would not be the same results if a Boost was lined up with the N/A for the same distance we raced.
I don't think he was referencing 50 meter drag races on a lake

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I don't think he was referencing 50 meter drag races on a lake
Neither was I. It was about 6000' altitude in 1.5ft of fresh, uphill for about 1/4 km (length of a cutblock). Where we ride there is rarely room to go a lot farther for this kind of test. I expect the Doo would have passed the rest of the pack, if the race was long. This test is very representative to show that the turbo did not help very often in the type of tree riding we do.

K
Apr 12, 2018

You must have had some pretty pathetic riders on those early turbo doos, (maybe yourself?),to pull that comment out of your ass. No stock 850, especially a Polaris, could touch the turbo in the backcountry. Now if you're a trail warrior, which you might be, no summits have a top end and probably did lose your trail endurance run.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
You must have had some pretty pathetic riders on those early turbo doos, (maybe yourself?),to pull that comment out of your ass. No stock 850, especially a Polaris, could touch the turbo in the backcountry. Now if you're a trail warrior, which you might be, no summits have a top end and probably did lose your trail endurance run.

Damn Ken, that's some harsh commenting right there.

D

Dennissledpool

Jul 19, 2022
Wisconsin
Be proactive and buy a ski Doo gen 5
Hands down the best sled I have ever owned coming from a seasoned veteran on Polaris sleds
No recalls. No brake baloney no bogging no wrenching on it for 2 days to make it right no buying all kinds of aftermarket stuff to make it right ski Doo Starts on 1/2 pull first time every time sitting outside all night
Shot is fantastic
Turbo is unbeatable
16” wide track 34” ski stance sounds like it won’t work but it does.
Find a buddy that has one and test drive it and you will buy one
Drop the mike

C
Nov 29, 2008
Be proactive and buy a ski Doo gen 5
Hands down the best sled I have ever owned coming from a seasoned veteran on Polaris sleds
No recalls. No brake baloney no bogging no wrenching on it for 2 days to make it right no buying all kinds of aftermarket stuff to make it right ski Doo Starts on 1/2 pull first time every time sitting outside all night
Shot is fantastic
Turbo is unbeatable
16” wide track 34” ski stance sounds like it won’t work but it does.
Find a buddy that has one and test drive it and you will buy one
Drop the mike
Just exploding chaincases ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Premium Features