• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

‘22 Boost Low End Power Sucks

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
My dad picked up a low mile (350ish) 22 boost 165 and it seems to really load up on the bottom end. Has anyone experienced this and what was changed to fix it. My 23 turbo r blows it away on the bottom end. I can see it leaving an oil mark in the snow every time you get on it. I don’t think it is clutching.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
My dad picked up a low mile (350ish) 22 boost 165 and it seems to really load up on the bottom end. Has anyone experienced this and what was changed to fix it. My 23 turbo r blows it away on the bottom end. I can see it leaving an oil mark in the snow every time you get on it. I don’t think it is clutching.
Make sure it has the brake/map flash. Without that, the sleds aren't even comparable.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Is there a way to know what map it has? And is that the map that made it so you can’t run the brake and throttle at the same time?
That's about the only way to tell. Go ride with the brake on. If it goes into limp mode then you have the newer map. I'm not sure but there could even be a newer one this year for all the Boost that may be better yet.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
and/or login to the polaris site and see which recalls have been done.

The stop ride brake recall flash last year also updated boost mapping.

And of course, a dealer can solve this once and for all.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Is it in ethanol mode?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Easy test at home. Put it on trackstand and run the track while gently dragging the brake. I'd it starts flashing in a few seconds new map.

Also double check fuel mode. It will change back to the ethanol map randomly for some reason so verify that. And I'd bet it doesn't have the brake recall mapping. It's a huge change in bottom end.

Also clutching. The stock 22 clutching is a little aggressive on the bottom and makes response pretty sucky

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Comparing the bottom end of a turbo R to a boost is unfair even when everything is working perfectly on the boost. The boost bottom end is horrible compared to the Turbo R doo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha I didn't even catch this... We are all wasting our time here. The Polaris Boost is not even in the same league as the Ski Doo Boost. I thought you were comparing a 22 Boost to a 23 Boost. Polaris Engineers are working about 10 years behind the French Canadians.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Make sure it has the new updated tune, it makes a huge difference on the 22’. My 22’ seemed like a NA 850 against my G5 until it got the new tune.

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
Today I took off the belt and it does have the brake map. It was reverted back into ethanol mode again.
Well that’s a bummer if it doesn’t even come close to the turbo R. I just didn’t expect it to load up that much in the bottom.
Will clutching help it? I just see it making it hard for him to get on top of the snow.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Today I took off the belt and it does have the brake map. It was reverted back into ethanol mode again.
Well that’s a bummer if it doesn’t even come close to the turbo R. I just didn’t expect it to load up that much in the bottom.
Will clutching help it? I just see it making it hard for him to get on top of the snow.
It likely was in ethanol mode all day.

I check mine 4-5 times a day.

Premium Features