• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Polaris 850 Boost bottom end bog/detonation

R
Dec 21, 2023
Wyoming
So I have a 2022 matryx 850 boost. Just hit 2,000 miles on it. Everything is stock and doesn't have the updated mapping. I've always run 91 non-eth in it. On the way out last ride I noticed a small bog on the bottom end. Probably had around 15 miles back to the truck. As I rode back the bog got progressively worse. It was still able to pull through the bog and come up on boost and run fine on the top end. If I had it up in rpm occasionally I would get the "maximum detonation detected" warning and it would go into limp mode. Went to trouble shoot it a couple days later and it wouldn't come through the bog and just seemed to be in that limp mode the whole time without the warning. Switched spark plugs, drained gas and replaced with av gas and still the same problem. Did a compression test and mag side showed 100 psi and pto showed 110. Took the pipe off and put a bore scope in the y-pipe and saw my mag side piston is scuffed. I plan on doing a top end rebuild but don't want to hurt it again if there is a bigger problem such as reeds/injectors/wiring harness I'm not aware of. Any suggestions on moving forward before I start the teardown?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
A friend of mine had some similar issues with his 22 booster last year.

They put on a new harness, new injectors as he had bad injectors and a bad injector harness from bad zip ties or something.

Among his multiple trips to the dealer every week last season.

His list of warranty stuff was impressive. New ecm, wiring harness, injectors, fuel pumps, new mapping, 2 air boxes, throttle body boots, P22, turbo, waste gate and actuator, probably more that I am forgetting.

Long story short he sold it, bought a 24 boost, been much happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features