• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

‘22 Boost Low End Power Sucks

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Yes.
Last year when I installed 23 flash, I had to add weight to my TRS clutching because it was over accelerating the crank with big throttle stabs in the mid range.
I think I got the 23 flash when they did the brake recall. It's still pig rich. Any chance of getting the 24 flash?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Service manager told me that the dealership can no longer choose what flash is installed on the sled.

They hook it up to the tool and internet and the tool decides if it’s going to reflash or not.

I was told no dice on the 24 flash install on my 22.
Maybe the 24 flash doesn't work well with the 22 clutching??

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Maybe the 24 flash doesn't work well with the 22 clutching??
His explanation was more along the lines of “nobody knows polaris rationalization for why or why not”

He basically told me that a bunch of their boost customers that are out of warranty are running an aftermarket tune. (Similar to sport bikes)

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
His explanation was more along the lines of “nobody knows polaris rationalization for why or why not”

He basically told me that a bunch of their boost customers that are out of warranty are running an aftermarket tune. (Similar to sport bikes)
Thanks. When I go in I will let you know what they say.
Murph, is this true that we can't get the 24 tune on the 22 models?
I really don't want to go aftermarket unless I have to. I saw the Carls is going to be making EZ Lynk tunes and i just picked one up so i would be leaning that way.

V
Feb 25, 2018
I just picked up my 22 boost from my dealer for the fuel line replacement. And I asked about the 24 tune and they said they can only program what Polaris puts out there for the 22. So besides the 23 brake/mapping tune there is no new flash for the 22 boosts. I too wanted the 24 tune but if afraid I’ll have to go aftermarket and void my extended warranty.

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
Well i am still fighting this problem. I believe that it isnt just boost sleds because this is terrible.
I have done the following:
Reeds Updated
Billet Reed Manifold
Indy Clutch kit
Checked Exhaust valves and relearned them
Relearned Waste gate (both while warm)
Looked at the front of the pistons while EVs out
Looked at the boost box reeds
Completely drained the fuel and put fresh 91 non in it
Changed plugs to BPR8ES and BR9EYA
Ohm'd coil packs

I have a leak down tester showing up tomorrow so hopefully that will eliminate the motor.
If it does I'm thinking getting the injectors tested and cleaned.
Is there anything else I should check. I don't want to throw parts until I have somewhat solid evidence.

Premium Features