• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

23 Boost cutting out and detonating

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
I have a 23 boost 155 that has around 400 miles. It has ran great until the last few rides
It would run good for about half the day then it would pop out the exhaust and then fall on its face when boost would start to increase and eventually throw detonation code. If I rode easy without getting on the throttle it runs fine. Once I to try to give full throttle it acts up. So sometimes it will run for hours with out an issue and sometimes only about 45 min.
I have defiantly felt that on warmer days it is worse then when it’s cold. It also feels sluggish until I drop in altitude or could be due to cooler running since I’m going fast at low load. Ride between 7k at truck and 9k on top
Details
Has a Can and clutching.
Stage 2 tune for pump gas 91 none E
Have rode it with this pretty much from day one. With out issues until recently
I have the Ez Link and have data logged it a few times but nothing pops out.
I have checked reeds and intake boot all look new
I have checked all the sensor connections
The data logs show solid 59-63 fuel pressure
Tried 50/50 mix of 91 none E and 100ll
Have always ran 91 none E
Changed spark plugs 2 different times. The first time it happens I changed plugs on the way back to the truck it then ran great. Next ride after lunch acted up again. Changed plugs again no change.
Did relearn on exhaust Valves and waste gate
I added some fuel injector cleaner and thought that helped some
Have had the mag side spark plug loosen 2 times so I know it is actually hitting detonation. I have not been able to get a complete ride in with the stock tune to see if it ran different but it doesn’t seem to be a tune issue since it’s so intermittent.
Feels like a fuel issue like the secondary injectors are not firing.
Possible MAP/boost sensor
Intake air temp sensor
Anyone experienced anything like this?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
23s def have wiring issues. Injector wiring or fuel pressure/temp sensor issue.

Know of a handful that had this issue. Progressively just get dumber and worse as the harness slowly breaks apart inside the wire sheathing.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I had similar issues with my 23 last ride. I am guessing the fuel pressure wiring is shot and is why I got fuel pressure codes.

Is the DET just a thing we deal with, or is that potentially an injector harness issue?

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
so I have never had low fuel pressure code. Another guy I ride with had tons of issues with low fuel pressure codes but never any performance issues.
Since I have monitored the fuel pressure I guess I am dealing with injectors or harness.
Anyone have the connector info to build my own harness?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Clearly they must have because these are all changes that they made to the 25’. It just sucks that things like this are stuck to the consumer, but get fixed on future models. I totally understand how manufacturer can’t go back and fix every single issue that are becoming issues but, it still sucks for the end-user.

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
Just an update. Dealer check it over and found numerous codes for detonation. They pulled the auxiliary injectors and tested them they tested good. Checked the injector harness and found multiple issues with that harness. Installed new harness and spark plugs under warranty. 48 hour turn around. Thanks for all the input.

B
Mar 12, 2024
yakima wa
Just an update. Dealer check it over and found numerous codes for detonation. They pulled the auxiliary injectors and tested them they tested good. Checked the injector harness and found multiple issues with that harness. Installed new harness and spark plugs under warranty. 48 hour turn around. Thanks for all the input.
did you test the fix out? having the same issue right now. Polaris had them replace the injectors first and it didn't fix the problem. just dropped my sled back off this morning.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
did you test the fix out? having the same issue right now. Polaris had them replace the injectors first and it didn't fix the problem. just dropped my sled back off this morning.
It seems to be lots of wiring harness issues with the aux injectors qnd the fuel temp/ pressure sensor area. It can break the wires inside the sheathing so it looks OK visually but the wire inside is failed and intermittently connecting.

2 biggest issue spots on the 23s wiring are those.

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
I rode the day after I got it back from the dealer and it ran flawless the complete day.
They did an ohm test on the harness and found readings out of spec.
There has been a bunch of injector issues also based on some reports from Bikeman who has a tester and can clean them.

Premium Features