• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alright...who plans on snowchecking????

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
One here with 1492 miles, 2012, $4500. I agree, Pro owners are going to be unhappy come spring when they have to give them away to get their Axys cash.

If you can wait until fall, prices will stabilize. Polaris is working to ensure that there are limited numbers of holdovers for next year, so the holdover market will likely not be as strong as it has been the last couple of years. A lot of people will dump in the spring/summer to cover the cost of their snowcheck. Come October, when people who are in the market are faced with the reality of paying $12-13k for a new sled and snowchecks are sorted out, the used Pro chassis market will pick back up. Same thing happened with the Dragon.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
I am having a hard time not buying up a 15 holdover. 9,000 for a new sled is tempting. Problem is, I really want an axys. I don't understand the guys trying to sell their 13/14 pro for more money than a new 15.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
If you can wait until fall, prices will stabilize. Polaris is working to ensure that there are limited numbers of holdovers for next year, so the holdover market will likely not be as strong as it has been the last couple of years. A lot of people will dump in the spring/summer to cover the cost of their snowcheck. Come October, when people who are in the market are faced with the reality of paying $12-13k for a new sled and snowchecks are sorted out, the used Pro chassis market will pick back up. Same thing happened with the Dragon.

I wouldn't count on that. There is an absolute $hit ton of inventory left at most all dealers around the country due to the low snow year in the west. The help you suggest from Polaris will come to a halt in the next few weeks so as not to step on potential snowcheck sales. The help or rebates you suggest probably wont return until next fall.

snoblind04

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Western Wyoming
I wouldn't count on that. There is an absolute $hit ton of inventory left at most all dealers around the country due to the low snow year in the west. The help you suggest from Polaris will come to a halt in the next few weeks so as not to step on potential snowcheck sales. The help or rebates you suggest probably wont return until next fall.

I agree, the rebates will come off to help the snowcheck, but there are soo many 15's left that they'll be even be cheaper in the fall. I saw some 14's go really cheap this fall.

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
My '14 Assault just got ripped off so looks like I'll be checking a new one.......sure would be nice to throw a leg over one before committing though.

Premium Features