• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Snowcheck starts March 4th - who is interested?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Looks like snowcheck will be up and running March 4th at 5 pm. I haven't heard of one good rumor (other than everyone hoping for a 900 boost) . Anybody hear anything? I can't imagine a reason to snowcheck a 2025 with all the screaming deals on 2024's and used stuff right now. My wife is kinda pissed that her 2024 snowcheck cost so damn much with everything on fire sale right now. An extra 4 grand to basically get blue rails, spindles and panels. For about $1,000 I could have purchased everything that made it a snowcheck and saved a few grand.

Thoughts?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Looks like snowcheck will be up and running March 4th at 5 pm. I haven't heard of one good rumor (other than everyone hoping for a 900 boost) . Anybody hear anything? I can't imagine a reason to snowcheck a 2025 with all the screaming deals on 2024's and used stuff right now. My wife is kinda pissed that her 2024 snowcheck cost so damn much with everything on fire sale right now. An extra 4 grand to basically get blue rails, spindles and panels. For about $1,000 I could have purchased everything that made it a snowcheck and saved a few grand.

Thoughts?
But she had it this year while it was NOT a carry over. Even if there was not great snow, nobody has that crystal ball!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Any rumor will be about as reliable as their sleds. They need to clean up their mess. 9r boost with a new brake, new clutch and rail caps is the only way i would bite. I already ordered 2 858s.

T
Oct 16, 2017
May snowcheck a boost. May grab a holdover. Most of the holdovers don’t have the track I’d want but that’s a cheaper fix than the SC premium

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
At least the last two years you could have got any Polaris sled you wanted and probably the color you wanted too if you were willing to travel. Supply has caught up with demand. There are still a lot of new snowcheck only 9Rs and boosts around. The only reason to snowcheck now is if you want to be 100% certain to get the color you want.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
At least the last two years you could have got any Polaris sled you wanted and probably the color you wanted too if you were willing to travel. Supply has caught up with demand. There are still a lot of new snowcheck only 9Rs and boosts around. The only reason to snowcheck now is if you want to be 100% certain to get the color you want.
Wanted to pick up one of those smoking deals, but with all of the stop ride recalls there is no way I would buy a polaris from anywhere except a local dealer.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Dealers can’t and won’t decline recall or warranty work. I doubt they would decline service work either they’re in business to make money. They could probably give priority to loyal customers though if they were busy and recall or replacement parts are in short supply I could see that being a potential issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
11 years ago it was broken driveshafts, blown QD belts, and separating a-arms. First two issues were quickly solved. After this, Polaris went on a good run. What happened? We need an updated video.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Not me, no phucking way. Not biting on the first year Cat. Im most likely a 2nd yr Cat guy if things go well. Im going to ride the 9r next yr, only has 18 miles on it so it should be good to go for another 60-70 miles. If nothing is addressed with Poo and the issues, Ill be dropping my $25k elsewhere for 2026. Sad to say, there is no question the skid just works, but the last few years, just too many issues. Hope they get it figured out in the coming months., but Im out for SC this yr! With the low snow yr, the surplus of sleds at dealers and the smoking deals on Pros, Khaos and Boosts, I think it would be crazy to order a new sled, but thats just me. Ill tune in and listen to dude talk about their challenges again, but thats as far as it goes for me.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I m hearing 900 boost. I wonder if you could buy a carry over boost or even a slightly used one and have Carls install the 900 kit for similar or even less money then a snow check I definitely would trust Carls more then Polaris to build a motor or at least the top end. I’m pretty sure that’s what the hill climb guys are running and if you want to get really crazy and Carls offers it to the general public you could run their tune.
I think the chances of it being more reliable than what Polaris puts out is pretty good.

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Dealers can’t and won’t decline recall or warranty work. I doubt they would decline service work either they’re in business to make money. They could probably give priority to loyal customers though if they were busy and recall or replacement parts are in short supply I could see that being a potential issue.

wow my local dealer won't work on chit unless you bought it there. does not matter that I've snow checked three sleds from them in the past and bought countless parts over the years. they won't touch my 23 boost cause I did not buy it there. even though they had none left for me to get . SAD

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I don't see much benefit in adding 50cc to a forced induction setup that is already sorted out. The hit to the wallet would be more than the gains in power.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don't see much benefit in adding 50cc to a forced induction setup that is already sorted out. The hit to the wallet would be more than the gains in power.
The bottom end would be a big gain. That is why everyone loves the gen 5. Doo 850 had way better bottom end to start with. The hit to the wallet would be big also

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
wow my local dealer won't work on chit unless you bought it there. does not matter that I've snow checked three sleds from them in the past and bought countless parts over the years. they won't touch my 23 boost cause I did not buy it there. even though they had none left for me to get . SAD
My dealer has been the opposite, talked to them before buying a used 23 boost, asked about recalls, talked to them about service, and they have been great. Even asked them about the all important: How do i go about not voiding warranty, while still making it what i want. Their easy answer was basically: So long as thats not what caused a failure, we will get it taken care of. All i need to hear. Im glad i paid 15 for my khaos, and not the full 23 it would have cost new. That said i will basically go out of my way to get my parts, and accessories though them.

Premium Features