• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alright...who plans on snowchecking????

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I'm curious to see how the motor and chasis does after a season in the mountains! Love the approach, love the pushing of the envelope, just can't be a guinea pig.

Ace

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I've already sold 1 of my 2 sleds. I couldn't pass up the offer. I will need to Snowcheck. My gut feeling is that poo has done their homework more on this new chassis than any before. I think they know they will have too much to lose. Plus, they are probably reading all the threads knowing they can still make changes before March 2nd. I think this 16 will be the best Snowcheck ever. JMO

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I've already sold 1 of my 2 sleds. I couldn't pass up the offer. I will need to Snowcheck. My gut feeling is that doo has done their homework more on this new chassis than any before. I think they know they will have too much to lose. Plus, they are probably reading all the threads knowing they can still make changes before March 2nd. I think this 16 will be the best Snowcheck ever. JMO

You are snowchecking a doo?
Do you have inside info on a new chassis?

I'm Planning on snowchecking an axys rmk.
Options TBD

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Yes! Unless something changes on Polaris side. Looking forward to it and understand it could have some first year glitches?. We have 5 sleds. A 12 adventure 600 for the wife. My 13 800' my sons 12 800' my two girls have a 12 & 13 600. All have been great. Might sell the 13 600, only about 500 miles on it. Sure hope we have a better winter!:face-icon-small-coo

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I will as long as my buddy doesn't back out on purchasing my 15 after the seasons over, that is, if I don't bust it up!

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
haha

Yep checkin one, could care less if it's a first year deal... If it's ****, it goes away, if it's tits, get another one next year....:face-icon-small-coo

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Going to depend on options and of course $ figures. Its highly likely though. Normally dont like 1st year sleds, but i think the engine should be as or more reliable than the current 800, and ultimately, this chassis is just a strong refinement from the Pro. Any possible problems with the chassis components will come from rider error, i think.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I don't see where a lot of the first year glitch fears are coming from. Chassis may be new but most other things are not. Electrical. Motor, Ect, ect are not

I'm still hoping for a 146 rmk. I'd love to see polaris go the other way and say you don't need to be long to have fun

If not I'm hoping the switchback gets a remodel and I will build it

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I am considering it. However, I will not do it if I don't get a ride on one of the demos this year. I am also considering buying a demo 15 Ski Doo T3 174" or 163". The dealer and Ski Doo are offering some pretty nice incentives. Because of the light winter, the demos are very lightly used and will come with a $2,000 rebate and will be registered and have the same warranty as brand new sleds. I have put some time on the XM and it worked very well for me. They are heavier but they don't ride that way. I like the way that they handle. Easy to ride and very reliable. You can also run up to 10% ethanol fuel without having to do anything different. That is a convenience feature for me and it also saves money since the dealers who sell non ethanol premium gas around here charge a higher price for it. It is not a big deal but it nice.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I will be snow checking one kept the 13 one year more than normal been a good sled close to 2000 miles. Hopefully my raptors will work on axys. Was low snow 2 out of three or I would have 15. I wonder what polaris did to axys so it doesn't require fuel controler with pipe and can from slp?

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
Anybody can say what they want on this form so to those that say they are waiting a year are probably the ones that can't afford a new sled at the drop of a hat,
Buyers that can afford the latest and greatest NEW Toys buy what they want when they want. ( Including Me )
I still am careful with my money but if I want a new sled I get one. Not afraid of a new offering from Polaris > have Purchased New for the last 4 years and had very little trouble with any of them. Warm up the engine and maybe turbo them.
My family has had 7 turbos in the last 5 years and they seem to last .
No piston or crank troubles . Maybe lucky .

So yes I am Snow Checking a new sled. :)

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I'm waiting for my demo ride. If Polaris finally managed to get some real power I will be checking one. If not I will likely pick up a 163 T3. It is seriously unreal to me the difference between my Pro and the T3's I've been around. Really hoping Polaris caught up this year because I want to stay on the chassis but right now its up in the air.

Premium Features