• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whatever Happened to GOAT Highmark Sleds?

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I remember I even had a computer game in 1999 that was a snowmobile racing game sponsored by GOAT Highmark.

I remember this:

G -Goes
O- Over
A- All
T-Terrain

Im sure someone has the scoop on what happened

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
GOAT was started by Mark Hoffmans' brother in law who worked in the CMX shop for a little while. The b.i.l quit and started building a pretty much clone of the CMX 25 miles up the road from Mark and marketed it as his own with the financial backing from an investor from Minnesota. The investor flaked after a short time, leaving the b.i.l. with no backing and the Thanksgiving dinners were probably "not the same" after that.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The Goat was based off the SkiDoo platform while the CMX was based off the Polaris platform.

I remember the Goat Highmark was heavy. Like 530 or something.
Their rootbeer colored hoods were awesome. VERY cool in the sunlight.

These are the only two pics left of what I have.

goat2.jpg

goat1.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If I remember right, they had an Doo 809 triple in them.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I remember seeing someone racing RMSHA in about 02 or 03 at Kalispell MT. His first run he came running by the halfway point where the other racers were standing and went into the first left entry, over the bank and then "THONK" we just saw all the snow come off a tree and he came driving it out about a minute later.

Premium Features