• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trashed boots from the PRO

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
14 pro, brand new klim boots......aprox 15 days / 400ish miles of back country riding so far this season and my boots have a few nicks in them. I cant imagine what you have been doing to destroy those boots so fast.

My only complaint with the stock boards is the snow they hold at the rear mount. Thats the only place I have to remove snow build-up. I use a small plastic shovel that is in my under seat bag for cleaning that area. Eric

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
700odh miles and my boots are almost worn through. I've been meaning to chamfer the edges of the board, need to get on it.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Jorgen'ized Sled Works- Running Board Deburring Service

I offer a de-burring service, ($150 per board, $300 for the Pair) plus you cover USPS Priority shipping costs each way to 99686. Typically same day service if they arrive on my off week. If on my work week; they will be completed and shipped on first come first served basis. Also you are responsible for re-colorizing the boards if so desired after the fact.

PM me if interested.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
And we used to put screws in the boards and edges for traction, you can never win...

The beauty of the current design - you can dull them to whatever sharpness you want with a hand tool, especially the 13/14/15 design. Best OEM boards ever offered on a mt sled, ignoring the front boot loop. Nice reason to get new boots every couple of years.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I have around 7000 miles on Pros since 2012 on the same 2 pairs of boots and the soles on both of them basically still look new. I don't kick my boards ever and I ride as hard as anyone.

Even if my soles were ate up I wouldn't expect free boots. I would accept that I have the most amazing stock running boards available today and be happy that I don't spend all day falling off the sled.

This post makes me angry because it's exactly what I think is wrong with this country today. Nobody accepts responsibility for their actions and everything is always somebody else's fault. If you seriously expect free boots then you are off your rocker. I am sensing a bit of sarcasm in your post and hope that is the case.

PS the Motorfist stomper boots have a replaceable sole and can be resoled by most local shoe shops for less than $100 with the soles. If you are eating soles that quick I would give them a try.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Or Ride barefoot for a day!

Your technique is bound to change quickly as you will learn what you are doing wrong in a hurry.

Pain does instruct!

You will then be able to get multiple seasons out of any pair of boots, sneakers, flip flops, whatever.

W
Apr 4, 2013
Washington
Love the Forum

This is exactly why I love to read the Snowest Forums... I think it is time to subscribe.

While I'm reading this I see an add for a Motorcycle foot-peg the has sharp carbide grippers pressed into it for added traction. (Fastway Adventure Peg upper left corner).

I am still wondering why Polaris never added a cup holder for my beer?

Something has to give!

Cheers!

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Looks like you just need to add some shoe goo to those boots!

I agree that the edges are too sharp, my 14 pro was hard on my boots too last year. Funny thing so were the boards on my last 3 cats....

Simple fix = use an air sander to lightly take that sharpness off to your liking.

Good luck!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
When I first read your post I thought you were just another bedwetting, sniveling, crying, whinin girl excuse for a man.

Then I looked at your boots and I think that it sucks. My runnin board screws are way to sharp and need to be changed or ground down also so I will do that before my boots look like yours. I thank u for that.

I'm pretty sure you are joking about sending a bill to whoever makes the runnin boards as you should have noticed it and remedied it with a grinder or changed them to your liking long before your socks were showing out the bottom of your boots.

If you are serious about someone buyin new boots for you then please use the words in My first sentence to describe yourself in all future correspondence.

Hahahahhahahahahhahaha

Cheers!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Pics of the boobs?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

afb96206ed3b1215ec9bb94683fa314d.jpg

O

outlaw707

Jan 24, 2014
I filed mine down after they ripped the **** out of my 600$ stealth bibs. If I brushed against them I would get tares.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Maybe someone in the aftermarket could make some smooth covers. The stock foam ones that came on my sled only lasted one year ??!!

Stuckisbest

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2008
$40-50K for a truck
$10-15K trailer
$12K sled
$2-4K in gear
$5K in tools and misc

$250 pair of boots= small peanuts

If you actually wrecked your boots on the stock running boards in 400 miles you were having a lot of fun!!!!!!

Premium Features