• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3.25” track

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Well dam. I just ordered a 300lx. Might regret it
I don’t think it’s bad, but I do think some over hype it here. If I was gonna do a drop in replacement on 3.5” drivers the 300LX would probably still be my choice, seems like an all around good option price, weight, and performance wise. I should also add my experience was with a cut down 16”… I think the new 15” is slightly different.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I don’t think it’s bad, but I do think some over hype it here. If I was gonna do a drop in replacement on 3.5” drivers the 300LX would probably still be my choice, seems like an all around good option price, weight, and performance wise. I should also add my experience was with a cut down 16”… I think the new 15” is slightly different.
Ya. $1130 to my door isn’t bad. I’m sure it will be better than my series 8 especially in the more set up snow.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Anything will be better then a series 8. And that's a really good price for one as well.

Thr 3.25 is a way better upgrade for traction and durability compared to the 2.75. I do feel it's still a hair soft. I'd like to try one trimmed down to 3" or even 2.8 type length. Seems like it could be a fun combo on a boost just not willing to hack one up.

Edit..... track is soft not stiff

Last edited:
U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
This is gonna cause Chadly to get an aneurysm but I have actually come back around to the 2.75. Last year, I was fully in the same boat as Chadly and most others here. I thought its only benefit was that it was really light but it was all spin and no bite. It was a heavy snow year but the snow was more like that junky continental snowpack. Now that we are back to the good stuff, I am no longer doing burnouts when i take off. I thought the paddles had given up but it was just the snow.

All to say, 2.75 could very well not be the right track for you.But if your snow is more fluff than sugar or cement, it could work just fine

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
This is gonna cause Chadly to get an aneurysm but I have actually come back around to the 2.75. Last year, I was fully in the same boat as Chadly and most others here. I thought its only benefit was that it was really light but it was all spin and no bite. It was a heavy snow year but the snow was more like that junky continental snowpack. Now that we are back to the good stuff, I am no longer doing burnouts when i take off. I thought the paddles had given up but it was just the snow.

All to say, 2.75 could very well not be the right track for you.But if your snow is more fluff than sugar or cement, it could work just fine

I’m 65% with you. But in certain snow it’s just not quite there.
I’ll give it a red or white ribbon, never blue, but only in performance.
I cut lugs all the time, probably 10 lugs cut off now, 850 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

He shouldn't. Chilly was the last Snowest lover of the 2.75 and called all of our assessments that it belonged in a trash can. (I have the PM’s to prove) as fake Polaris hate. There’s a reason why he is the forum expert.

It wasn’t until he rode with B-litt that his attitude changed and he bought a 300LX.

And the 2.75 belongs in a trash can.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You can ride a 2.75. They work. I didnt get better than anyone because I switched tracks. They just leave a lot on the table. More so than stock suspension or stock clutching.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
He shouldn't. Chilly was the last Snowest lover of the 2.75 and called all of our assessments that it belonged in a trash can. (I have the PM’s to prove) as fake Polaris hate. There’s a reason why he is the forum expert.

It wasn’t until he rode with B-litt that his attitude changed and he bought a 300LX.

And the 2.75 belongs in a trash can.
I finally rode a 300LX and wasn't all that impressed. More trench than the 275 and felt lethargic. All depends on the snow you're inI guess

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I finally rode a 300LX and wasn't all that impressed. More trench than the 275 and felt lethargic. All depends on the snow you're inI guess

It’s all about inputs to outputs.

Understanding the 2.75 just spins and sheds lugs, the Lynx track or 300 LX hooks up, it requires different suspension settings. Limiter adjustments make it even better.

Premium Features