• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trashed boots from the PRO

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
So who do I call to get new boots for free? My PRO boards have trashed my boots in less than 400 miles. This is ridiculous. If this was Chris Burant's board design I think he owes me a new pair of Klim boots!!! I have never had boots wear out like this before.

3d91e01b2c58be8160a9b8633ea0d600.jpg

748f58acc858207561964ffac1c46244.jpg

a007d6353c99ddd24be0d36b6ab6955f.jpg

732d416de285d284b2620c77c71b6062.jpg

7608c4a5da1d7273f327218339b9c808.jpg

079c607568001ca73ccdedc43f44d2e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
In my opinion, no one owes you new boots. A guy can see clearly how those boards are. Generally anything that can tear up your shins and calves when you happen to misstep and slide across it is going to have a simmiler effect on the soles of your foot covers. I dont own a pro, but you can sure bet that if i get one, i will be attacking those boards with a file to tone them down a bit before i trash my $350 boots on them.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Yep, 2011-2012 boards will do that.

Buy the Burandt boards from Polaris or Skinz Airframes and you won't have that problem any more.

I thought "the greatest snow on earth" was so blower all the time you never needed to kick your boards like we do in Tahoe with our sierra cement?

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
I haven't had to kick out my boards at all. This is a 14 PRO not 11 or 12. My 11 PRO I never has this issue. This is the stock board that comes with the sled. Dumbest design EVER!!!

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Bet your feet never slipped off! Hahaha
The boards are aggressive but I learned pretty quick to not kick the crap out of mine like older sleds. No need to.
Edit, just read your last post. I have a '12 Pro. No experience with the newer ones. If they're that aggressive I'd dull them up a bit.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I love the boards, but a bit aggressive. I've never slipped off the running board like older models :face-icon-small-hap Some file them down and I probably ought to, instead I just ride the darn thing and smile!!!

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Aggressive is an understatement. Lol. They are more like razor blades. I guess the only thing I'm getting at is for something to come out of a factory like that is not cool. I have to "modify" their stuff so it doesn't destroy my gear. Not acceptable in my opinion.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
There is absolutely no reason for these boards to be as sharp as they are. I too destroyed a pair of Klim boots and after only a few rides this year my MF's are all scarred up. 25 years of kicking running boards it's hard to stop. I wish I could just file my 15 like I did my 13 but they are painted up all pretty.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Sorry that does not happen in 400 miles especially with not kicking the boards. I had an 11 pro and now have a 14 pro and the 11 was worse for tearing up boots. I have the same boots as you and they are tore up but not that bad in 400 miles. I agree with others if you don't like it file the boards down, nobody owes you anything. I personally would rather have tore up boots than slipping around all day.You should have rode sleds 20 years ago then you would have something to b!tch about, you would be complaining of a sore back and knees not to mention the running boards were so slick you could not stay on them.

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
I filed every edge on my 14, and took extra time with the area under the stirrups. They are much better now as I can move around easier and my boots will thank me for it. Polaris delivers these in an unacceptably too sharp state.

On another, somewhat related note, I file the edges of my slide rails as they are not finished after the manufacturing process and are sharp enough to cut flesh.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Seeing your boots, I must ride like an 80 year old man. I put 1900 miles on mine and they still look relatively good. The soles are getting torn up a bit but nowhere near yours, my sole looks more like the heel in your picture.

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
Its funny to me everyone is upset about these "sharp" edges. Well I don't slide off my boards anymore and I don't have snow build up. To me it seems like Polaris fixed what people bitched about regarding their boards in the past. I personally think the boards are great. Instead of complaining about the best stock boards on the market. Maybe we should be happy they work so well. Or go buy something else.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I would sure like to know what to apply to the boards to keep the snow from building up especially in the rear section-

3 pros in my group all 14's and the snow /ice buildup in the rear section is horrible- 1/4 way from the rear to the middles of the board and the price of boots has taught me to not kick the boards as in the years past...
The painted Cat and doo boards don't have this issue.. :(

S/C

moto_786

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2011
There's a reason Polaris changed the boards in 13 stomp down don't sweap or kick you won't have any problems

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
Wahhhhh! ! Have you ever had a foot come off side hilling? I love the boards on the pro.I had a 12,14 and now a 15.my 3 year old MF stompers still looK like new.I carry a plastic chain saw cutting wedge in my flyer bag and when the snow it built up I use it to clear the boards.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Mixed reactions on this for sure. Well some of you think I'm a newbie in this sport. I have been riding for over 25 years. I do ride more aggressively than I did when I was 8 but I have not had to kick snow for the last 3 years. My 11 pro I got the WRP boards and loved them. Wish I had them back now. I may need to go talk to Marc and see what he can do for these ones. I understand the sleds of the past with no traction at all. We used to put grip tape down on the boards and the edges to get something on those flat pieces if metal they called boards back in the day. So don't call me a lier either. Took the pictures this morning and had 380 miles on the sled. Boots are 1 year old and the fronts were in better condition than the heels were at the start of the season. I just don't understand how any manufacture could put out something as dangerous as these boards are. Not just for cutting up the boots but what is going to happen when you hit something weird and you do come off the sled. Just hope and pray you don't smack your shin on your way down. You might bleed our right there on the mountain. They show videos of Chris Burant jumping from side to side. I really wonder what his boots look like. Putting that much weight down each time jumping from side to side can't be easy on his boots. I guess I like to think I ride a little more aggressive like him then the masses. I really would like to know how his hold up. Hey Chris let us know how your boots are doing. You ride about 100 times more than the rest of us. I guess if I just sit on the sled and ride trails all day my boots wouldn't take a beating. Lol. But I ride the mountains and sitting isn't really in my vocabulary.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Been riding for 20 plus years and wouldn't trade my best stock boards in the world for 1000 pairs of boots!!! I say no excuse whining about a manufacturer making the exact boards that this sport needed. If they are too aggressive for you file them or better yet mount up a set of late 90's a/c powder special boards and then see which you prefer:)

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I've used my MF Stomper's for the last 3 seasons. Previous sled was a '12 Pro, now I've got a '15 RMK LE. My boots are in great shape, still. Over 1000 miles on them, no issues. I wrap my tunnels to keep the snow from collecting as much. I had the Burandt HD board on my '12, and of course the stockers on my '15. What I love about the Stomper boots, even if they ever DO get abused on the soles, is that MF can replace the soles. Maybe that's what you need to look at? Sacrificial soles is better than not being able to stay on, IMO. Love my boards. I wear Asterisk knee braces/pads, though, and I'm sure that's save me from some impacts at times....

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Looks like you went bumper surfing and hit a dry patch of asphalt.

Why did you wait for your boots to be destroyed before doing something about it?

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I bought a new pair of Klim Adrenaline boots before last season and was shocked by the amount of wear the soles had by the end of the season. '14 Pro and I don't kick. I thought that maybe Klim softened their compound since my riding buddy has a pair a year older, rides the same sled and his boots show almost no wear. I took the boots by the my retailer and they sent pictures to Klim - no love. I guess I'll ride them until they're trashed and look for a new brand.

Premium Features