• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question about dealers and websites

P
Dec 15, 2018
Kinda dumb but do dealers ever answer the questions or return your emails or calls from the websites? You know you click on something and it says ask questions or make an offer. I do it a lot and I never hear back lol? And why are all the websites the san and why do they suck so bad? Just curious lol!

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
In the past I've gotten a call or text. Usually they require a phone number to go along with your question.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
My advise is quit wasting your time and if you have questions just call them and talk to a person, way easier.

P
Dec 15, 2018
I just wondered if I was the only guy who thought that their Shirley’s where terrible and why are they all alike? I mean every motorcycle shop every snowmobile shop has exact same ****e? I don’t really want to buy . I just want to see how low they’ll go lol. Rexsburg won’t even answer the phone lol!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Problem is you never know who is answering on the other end (probably some $12/hour high school kid). That’s why it’s important to have a hood dealer you trust, who you know will take care of you and give you correct answers.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Kinda dumb but do dealers ever answer the questions or return your emails or calls from the websites? You know you click on something and it says ask questions or make an offer. I do it a lot and I never hear back lol? And why are all the websites the san and why do they suck so bad? Just curious lol!
I have found I always get a better response if I contact ONE SPECIFIC PERSON with my questions, rather than just submitting them to a generic system

P
Dec 15, 2018
Theee years ago I went into a shop here with 40k cash in my pocket (in my truck) I wanted two snowmobiles and small trailer. I didn’t know at the time about snow check and thought a guy could just pick the color he liked….lol. Anyway no one would Waite on me or asked if I needed help and I just eventually left and went to next one. Same thing there . So went to next one. Damnit finally someone was nice but ****e it was artic cat! So now I have two artic cats! Wish the stupid ski doo guys would’ve helped (now I want a ski soo) oh well lol.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Well they must have had hot ears cause they called me tonight lol! It’s 27 degrees below zero here so perfect time to frustrate salesman lol. Hey Christopher who’s your guy at rexburg? Thanks man

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well they must have had hot ears cause they called me tonight lol! It’s 27 degrees below zero here so perfect time to frustrate salesman lol. Hey Christopher who’s your guy at rexburg? Thanks man
At RMS I work with PAUL SIDOWAY.
He has been a solid person to deal with for many years.
Farmer in the Summer, Salesman in the winter.

If you need contact info, just let me know, he would have NO issue with me passing along his phone number.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Pinchecharlie encountered part of our woderful the hell wth the customer, lets chop costs world. . Probably the same communications program used by car dealers. That is not a salesman at the keyboard but an AI scam. Everyone of seven car dealers in Denver had the same on-site chat bot. It's very easy to exceed the algorithm capacity of the chatbot and the phone tree. Only one dealer came back with a live respons. the salesman sold a new car with all available options to my wife.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Ted Waitt (Gateway Computer founder) walks into a Sioux Falls Cadillac dealer and due to his appearance is ignored by the sales people. He insists on buying a new Cadillac from the receptionist since none of the salespeople seemed to want his business. He also asks receptionist to drive it to his place in Sioux City. Once there he gives her the keys and says it's now hers, and to go back and tell those sales people to never judge someone on their appearance.

Premium Features