• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Early order

iroc1132

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
SE Idaho
I know that early ordering starts on Tuesday and ends on Friday. Can anyone offer a logical explanation as to why it's not advertised on Cat's website? I realize of course that Cat corporate sucks at marketing sleds, but advertising on their website costs nothing. I wouldn't have found out about it, but I stopped in to my dealer to ask when the order books opened and he told me.
I'm told early orders are guaranteed a sled. But I do not know what Cat is offering if they fall short. I did not ask my dealer that specific question.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The entire way this is going down is absolute garbage. Everything I've seen on this snow check season has been second hand from someone posting something they got from a dealer. The sleds, options, accessories, MSRP, warranty, incentives, and ordering process should all be on the website and plastered on their social media.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
all ive seen is dealers advertising on facebook. Called today and they said M858 with fox floats and E start was 20.500 that comes with G8 display. 154x3 inch track. supposedly the attac shocks were only 100 bucks more i was told.

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
And tax? Like 20500 out the door? Whats tax rate there?

To be honest I was in the middle of something when the dealer called to finalize what I wanted and talk pricing. Not sure if the number he gave me included tax or not. Still 20500 seems on the steep side.

But yes this roll out sucks. If it wasn’t for rumors on the net and asking my dealer I wouldn’t know tomorrow is the day orders open up.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
didnt check with other dealers, kinda small window of time too. will be interesting to see what other dealers are charging. was told the price difference between sno pro without gauge and MTn cat with gauge was 1300. The E start option was 300 and attac was 100. other closest dealer is 6 hours away too.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I’m not quoting pricing scripture, just numbers a few of us are seeing and getting close to locked down.
Not sure I need to pay for fancy gauge, but want good shocks.
May go cheap pkg and replace.

iroc1132

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
SE Idaho
Be nice if someone in the know would release the secrets of the new shocks too.
I'm thinking that most questions will be answered tomorrow when the books are officially opened. But it would sure be nice if we could research and decide over a little time rather than making snap decisions. I have also searched all over for more info on the guaranteed sled with early order, and nothing at all on that.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
It’s really simple.
Not a large window because demand exceeds manufacturing capacity.
If you have to have it, get it.
I’ll likely wait and pick up someone else’s regret.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I hope Cat hits a home run, but the roll out has been fumbled. They should state their limitations and trumpet their new product. Let their dealers allocate the sales. Doesn't make sense to quell the excitement with no info or inconsistent potentially incorrect info from various sources. I assume the Snowest announcement had factual info but it was just the basics. I am probably in the camp with IDspud whereas may have put my money down otherwise.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
Leaked on facebook earlier today and then subsequently removed. Furthest right column is MSRP.

20240129_220806.jpg

Last edited:

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
The early order is from 01/30-02/02. I was told the website will show models on 01/30. Yes it is a very short window. Yes, the whole release was done wrong in my book too. This wave is entered in through the dealer website. And the dealer takes the deposit, our parts accounts are billed. We enter the model and options. 02/13-03/05 is the full order period, customer visits website and has to deal with the idiots with rollick. Probably are going to have some models sold out by then. I have been telling cat for years they need to follow Polaris, snow check is something they might do right. I told them that all colors need to be offered in all packages. I mean, aren’t we told that all over the tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features