• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro to khaos with factory anti stab

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Thanks for the pic of the 2 side by side! That’s what I was looking for last spring.

Tony, or whoever else knows- what’s the best way to soften up the rear spring? Buy a Khaos spring? Cut some of the stock spring off? Put on the spring from an old pro or something?
You can use the Khaos RTS spring.
I replaced my FTS spring with a 6”x150# spring and the RTS with a 11”x175# spring.
You can purchase them direct from D. Faulkner Springs.
11”x1.9”ID. 11S175
6”x2.25”ID. 6S0150
I also replaced my IFS springs with 10”x80#
10”x1.9”ID. 10S80
They are all Velocity shocks. Revalved.

Last edited:

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Awesome, thanks. The Khaos rear spring isn’t bad, $102 CAD, but the front is $200.

Do you find the revalved shocks are a lot better for playfulness? How are they when you need the sled to stay flat for climbing?

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Been laughing about this post. Awesome info but so many variants to figure out!!!

So after reading more than a few times....my summary:
1. You need anti stab wheels for ALL conversions from pro to khos IF you keep the stock pro (not Khaos) rails. If you have a 2022 Pro, the antistabs are already there
2. 2022+ Velocity FTS on Pro may or may not have spacer. Shock will measure either 11.75 (with spacer), or 12.00" (without). If your Velocity shock setup has no spacer, you only need the Khaos limiter strap
3. Fox Khaos FTS is (probably??) 12" long so it will work with stock pro rail and Khaos limiter
4. If you have the monotube shocks and add the Raptor eyelet extension (1/2") you cannot use stock pro rails and MUST get Khaos rails (or ice age equivalent) or you'll bend your front track arm because shock bottoms before hitting rubber bump stop.
4. Lower hole for front suspension arm (assault position) has a similar Khaos outcome by itself, but still needs anti-stab (point 1).
5. Pro Rear Shock Spring is 210 lbs/in rate and Khaos spring is 185 lbs/inch rate. Switching will help with transfer to the rear.

So, I'm hoping my 2022 Velocity FTS is the 12.00" variant so I can also add the Khaos limiter

My question is spring/shock setup. As a 200lb rider (230 fully geared), I'm assuming the FTS should have a lot of preload or compression damping....or both?...while rear would benefit from less compressioin damping and the Khaos rear spring.

I can see the need for revalve as I fully firm on FTS and fully soft on RTS...kinda stupit.

FWIW....my stock 2019 was much more playful than the 2022 out of the box (just playing with setup). With similar playing, I wasn't able to reproduce feel on the 2022

OTM

C
Nov 22, 2021
Nelson
Been laughing about this post. Awesome info but so many variants to figure out!!!

So after reading more than a few times....my summary:
1. You need anti stab wheels for ALL conversions from pro to khos IF you keep the stock pro (not Khaos) rails. If you have a 2022 Pro, the antistabs are already there
2. 2022+ Velocity FTS on Pro may or may not have spacer. Shock will measure either 11.75 (with spacer), or 12.00" (without). If your Velocity shock setup has no spacer, you only need the Khaos limiter strap
3. Fox Khaos FTS is (probably??) 12" long so it will work with stock pro rail and Khaos limiter
4. If you have the monotube shocks and add the Raptor eyelet extension (1/2") you cannot use stock pro rails and MUST get Khaos rails (or ice age equivalent) or you'll bend your front track arm because shock bottoms before hitting rubber bump stop.
4. Lower hole for front suspension arm (assault position) has a similar Khaos outcome by itself, but still needs anti-stab (point 1).
5. Pro Rear Shock Spring is 210 lbs/in rate and Khaos spring is 185 lbs/inch rate. Switching will help with transfer to the rear.

So, I'm hoping my 2022 Velocity FTS is the 12.00" variant so I can also add the Khaos limiter

My question is spring/shock setup. As a 200lb rider (230 fully geared), I'm assuming the FTS should have a lot of preload or compression damping....or both?...while rear would benefit from less compressioin damping and the Khaos rear spring.

I can see the need for revalve as I fully firm on FTS and fully soft on RTS...kinda stupit.

FWIW....my stock 2019 was much more playful than the 2022 out of the box (just playing with setup). With similar playing, I wasn't able to reproduce feel on the 2022

OTM

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
my Pro Velocity FTS was measuring about 11.5" CtC. so i am assuming my shock has the spacer

U
Nov 29, 2007
^^^ I just tightened my front track shock 1.5-2 turns tighter to make the front end of my 22 feel like my 2021 pro Rmk. I’m old though so I’m not looking to ride a wheelie machine

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Ultrasauras,
If you get a chance, can you please measure your spring length after you adjusted with weight off suspension?

I'm trying to figure out where mine is in relation to what works better.

Thanks
OTM

Premium Features