• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro to khaos with factory anti stab

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Why would you think that. It’s not above the shoulder. If there was a limiter it would have to bottom on the washer above the shoulder on the shaft. That’s how you limit travel.

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
It makes sense after seeing your picture. I was going off of the parts spec and since it said 5/8” I figured it would sit around the shaft not against the shoulder. I had commented before I saw your picture you added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
c3de56a1869a6db8ebe81f7d901edb86.jpg

Parts breakdown shows a 1/4” spacer under the bottom stack washer but only on the pro.

c19b9d9b949245712705cf918b9632e5.jpg

I pulled my front track shock out and measured it and have 3.5” of stroke with an extended length of 11.75”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
On a change a topic ...

What would be the difference between khaos profile rails and dropping front arm to the lower hole
(I already have khaos spec suspension and limiter length)

Waiting on my lynx track and big wheel kit before putting the skid back in .. already drilled the holes .. now debating on rails !

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The Pic I posted is out of a PRO not a Khaos.
Here is the stack for each shock.
I know that spacer is in the parts breakdown, but I have not seen one in a shock I have taken apart.
Was it a running change? Another build issue at WE? I can’t answer that, but haven’t seen one to date. If I do, I’ll post it here.
24BAED9C-6214-450E-B5B8-7894CCE010F3.jpeg

Last edited:
K
Jun 30, 2017
The Pic I posted is out of a PRO not a Khaos.
Here is the stack for each shock.
I know that spacer is in the parts breakdown, but I have not seen one in a shock I have taken apart.
Was it a running change? Another build issue at WE? I can’t answer that, but haven’t seen one to date. If I do, I’ll post it here.
View attachment 396134

Ive got 6-700 miles running a khaos limiter with my fts cranked and no issues on my pro.

brandon1

Premium Member
Jan 20, 2009
Glenwood Springs
Last year when I converted my Pro to a "Khaos" I bought takeoff shocks that were supposed to be from a 22 Matryx Khaos. Since this debate was going on I made it a point to compare length of the two shocks side by side.

Shock Pic 3.jpg

Pro on the Left, Khaos on the Right

Shock Pic 2.jpg

Closer View of the same thing

This clearly shows that at least these two shocks are different lengths, I did measure them and the Pro is 11 3/4" and the Khaos is 12" extended length. The shock body does look like it's the same, the Reservoir is also the same appearance with only the high speed/low speed adjuster setup as the difference there.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Last year when I converted my Pro to a "Khaos" I bought takeoff shocks that were supposed to be from a 22 Matryx Khaos. Since this debate was going on I made it a point to compare length of the two shocks side by side.

View attachment 396419

Pro on the Left, Khaos on the Right

View attachment 396420

Closer View of the same thing

This clearly shows that at least these two shocks are different lengths, I did measure them and the Pro is 11 3/4" and the Khaos is 12" extended length. The shock body does look like it's the same, the Reservoir is also the same appearance with only the high speed/low speed adjuster setup as the difference there.
Hey they got the spacer in that one. ?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Wondering now if this was an issue at WE.
Supply shortage at build time?
Today is the first one with a spacer.
It will be removed. Also adding hi/lo cartridges.
66F2D72F-E458-466A-B989-05FCEBF04D3A.jpeg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Wondering now if this was an issue at WE.
Supply shortage at build time?
Today is the first one with a spacer.
It will be removed. Also adding hi/lo cartridges.
View attachment 396480
Lol.

I’m guessing the assembly line at WE was just sending them out without them because nothing gets hurt by not having them in. (Some wily WE employees snowchecked rmk’s with velocity and wanted easy khaos geometry)

Snowest (ie tony) bringing up that they were missing made Polaris call WE and tell them to put them in. (Polaris DOES watch the forums)

Gotta keep folks buying new sleds instead of modifying existing sleds ?

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Thanks for the pic of the 2 side by side! That’s what I was looking for last spring.

Tony, or whoever else knows- what’s the best way to soften up the rear spring? Buy a Khaos spring? Cut some of the stock spring off? Put on the spring from an old pro or something?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thanks for the pic of the 2 side by side! That’s what I was looking for last spring.

Tony, or whoever else knows- what’s the best way to soften up the rear spring? Buy a Khaos spring? Cut some of the stock spring off? Put on the spring from an old pro or something?

Polaris oem springs are cheap.

Rts and fts springs are different from khaos to pro.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
so it looks like the Pro Velocity FTS may or may not have the spacer.
Regardless, can it be run with the longer Khaos limiter strap?

Premium Features