• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro to khaos with factory anti stab

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I read in another thread, for '22 the Pro velocity and the Khaos velocity FTS are the same length?
may want to research and comfirm
Pretty sure TRS posted it

M
Nov 20, 2015
Also measured both and it’s true that Pro and Khaos velocity shocks are the same length.

Had pro boost set to be light in the front and then decided to try the khaos strap. Everything else stock. 6 days on that and agree with others it’s an improvement. Easier/lighter to manoeuvre, but still in control on dirtier climbs with no runway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
When you add the Khaos limiter to the 2.75 PRO rails, you need the wider plastic bearing on the lower shaft or the limiter rubs the anti stab wheel.
The 2.75 limiter is narrower.

brandon1

Premium Member
Jan 20, 2009
Glenwood Springs
I'm working on converting my 165 Boost to Khaos, I have 22' Khaos shocks coming (now finding out they are likely the same length, but I did want the high and low compression adjustment anyway). I also ordered a Khaos limiter strap from Polaris, in doing this I noticed two part numbers, 1 for a 2.75" track and another for the 3' track. I want to ride it with the different limiter and shocks before making the decision on Rails. The limiter for the 2.75" was out of stock so I took the gamble on the 3" limiter being the same length and order it.

Does anyone with more access to part numbers and lengths know what if anything is the difference between the Khaos 2.75 and 3" limiter?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I'm working on converting my 165 Boost to Khaos, I have 22' Khaos shocks coming (now finding out they are likely the same length, but I did want the high and low compression adjustment anyway). I also ordered a Khaos limiter strap from Polaris, in doing this I noticed two part numbers, 1 for a 2.75" track and another for the 3' track. I want to ride it with the different limiter and shocks before making the decision on Rails. The limiter for the 2.75" was out of stock so I took the gamble on the 3" limiter being the same length and order it.

Does anyone with more access to part numbers and lengths know what if anything is the difference between the Khaos 2.75 and 3" limiter?
if u haven't already, read post above/before urs.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

C
Nov 10, 2013
When you add the Khaos limiter to the 2.75 PRO rails, you need the wider plastic bearing on the lower shaft or the limiter rubs the anti stab wheel.
The 2.75 limiter is narrower.
Do you know the difference in rear springs between the pro and khaos velocity shocks?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Pro is 210
Khaos is 185 but measures the same as the 190 spring.
Problem with the Velocity shocks, there is preload added just to install the keeper. I think we need a shorter spring.

brandon1

Premium Member
Jan 20, 2009
Glenwood Springs
Pro is 210
Khaos is 185 but measures the same as the 190 spring.
Problem with the Velocity shocks, there is preload added just to install the keeper. I think we need a shorter spring.
Coming from the racecar world, Preload is a good thing (there is an upper limit but it's a ways out). Every time we did shock tuning and made any weight adjustments King wanted preload in the springs to the point if the spring stack was too long for the shock they really didn't mind much.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Coming from the racecar world, Preload is a good thing (there is an upper limit but it's a ways out). Every time we did shock tuning and made any weight adjustments King wanted preload in the springs to the point if the spring stack was too long for the shock they really didn't mind much.

I understand where your coming from. Snow world is a bit different regarding preload and rates. The rebound in most snow shocks needs to be slowed down, preload exaggerates it.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Anyone know how different the pro valving is compared to the Khaos? Might still by a pro as there is more available.

K
Jun 30, 2017
longer limiter strap definitely works on the new pro velocities, put 250 miles on and its been fine, has anyone else had issues? has anyone tried doing elevate spindles with this setup? are rails and shock springs necessary? maybe drop the skid into the lower hole

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Snow Fever, any other hot setup tips for the 650 Pro? Just ordered one for next season, looking for any insight anyone may have ?

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Looks like the Khaos FTS is 1/4” longer than the Pro. According to what guys here are saying, it doesn’t matter, though.

Attachments

• Polaris Boost FTS lengths.pdf
    63.8 KB · Views: 73

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Yes And the mount location is longer on the rails, hence the 1/2" longer eyelet in the kit or a 1/2" longer shock

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
So- does the longer shock or shock extension actually matter when you’re doing a longer limiter strap? What effect does it have when you’re riding?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yes And the mount location is longer on the rails, hence the 1/2" longer eyelet in the kit or a 1/2" longer shock
This is true for Axys rails or old style driver matryx sleds without anti stab wheels. but not matryx rails with anti stab..

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So- does the longer shock or shock extension actually matter when you’re doing a longer limiter strap? What effect does it have when you’re riding?
Read posts above.

The chart you posted is not accurate.

I can verify that the velocity pro shock and velocity Khaos shocks are the same length.

*if you have velocity shocks and factory anti stab wheels simply swap the limiter strap…….

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Read posts above.

The chart you posted is not accurate.

I can verify that the velocity pro shock and velocity Khaos shocks are the same length.

*if you have velocity shocks and factory anti stab wheels simply swap the limiter strap…….
The chart I posted was from the factory service manual. Do you have a pic of the 2022 Khaos velocity shock next to the 2022 Pro velocity shock? It’s hard to trust online info when it contradicts the service manual.

Premium Features