• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro to khaos with factory anti stab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The chart I posted was from the factory service manual. Do you have a pic of the 2022 Khaos velocity shock next to the 2022 Pro velocity shock? It’s hard to trust online info when it contradicts the service manual.
So go ahead and spend more money.

No skin off my back.

My brother added the longer shock eye and Khaos limiter strap to his pro rmk velocity shock based on the service manual and bent the crap out of his front torque arm. The shock internally bottoms before the torque arm hits the bump stops.

Had to hammer it back straight and weld it up then go back to the stock velocity shock eye with the Khaos limiter.

Now it works great.

K
Jun 30, 2017
So go ahead and spend more money.

No skin off my back.

My brother added the longer shock eye and Khaos limiter strap to his pro rmk velocity shock based on the service manual and bent the crap out of his front torque arm. The shock internally bottoms before the torque arm hits the bump stops.

Had to hammer it back straight and weld it up then go back to the stock velocity shock eye with the Khaos limiter.

Now it works great.
can confirm you just need the khaos limiter, been running it for 300+ miles and its been fine

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
can confirm you just need the khaos limiter, been running it for 300+ miles and its been fine
A-1, sounds good to me. Thanks for that, putting it on tomorrow.

I wonder why the manual is wrong. Did Polaris make a change at the last second?

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
A-1, sounds good to me. Thanks for that, putting it on tomorrow.

I wonder why the manual is wrong. Did Polaris make a change at the last second?
I’m guessing Walker evans just used the same size parts for both shocks with the only difference being the hi-lo adjustment on the Khaos velocity shocks.

Since compressed length is the same on all 3.

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I do not believe you. Do you have a picture of all 3 shocks compressed next to a ruler? Thank you
Ha ha, the reason I wanted proof is because the day I was asking that, I went down to the local mod shop to get the Ice Age 3 position limiter strap (planning to use the Khaos length), and the guy there said to ABSOLUTELY NEVER use it in the Khaos position without changing shocks. He had a ‘21 Khaos FTS on the bench next to a ‘22 Pro FTS, and they were different lengths (‘21 Khaos was longer).

So, between seeing that with my own eyes, along with what the shop manual says, I doubted what you guys were saying. BUT, he was showing me a ‘21 compared to a ‘22. He never had a ‘22 Khaos FTS to compare to the ‘22 Pro FTS.

Anyhow, I put the Ice Age limiter strap on in the Khaos position and it works fine. Just weird that Polaris changed shock lengths for ‘22 and got the spec wrong in the shop manual.

Last edited:
W
Mar 22, 2022
Quebec
I dropped my skid to the holes a little lower and made the difference I was looking for no need to lift anymore.
It’s a 165 and I went from being fairly planted to doing bow ties and hop overs with ease 800 miles with not one issue having it like this also tightened my front track shock all the way

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Takes a season or two for a suspension engineer to actually review the new model shop manuals updated by the interns - in a normal season. This ain't a normal "fill in the blank".

509_Colton

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2012
Yakima wa
Anyone know if the base pro mono tubes are the same length of the velocity shocks as well? 155 2.75 track. Wondering if I need limiter only or limiter and eyelet

509_Colton

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2012
Yakima wa
Not the same question, I’m not using khaos shocks. I’m trying to use the pro shocks and depending on length of it I may or may not need a eyelet.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Pro ride could have monotube or compression adjustable reservoir shocks
Khaos only has compression and rebound adjustable shocks . Khaos used to have a different length center track shock but starting in 2022 all shock lengths are the same length for all RMK mountain sleds?
Is this correct?

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
FTS Velocity shocks are all the same length, period.
If you want to run a Khaos limiter strap with a mono tube you must use a long eyelet.
If you are using a mono tube and a Pro(short) limiter strap on Khaos rails, you will be fine. The mono will not top out.

C
Nov 29, 2008
I used fox coilover Khaos length shock and oem limiter strap.

There’s zero reason to use khaos rails.

Fits like factory, no vibration or rubbing.

View attachment 382902View attachment 382903
Was this on your 16?
Looking at putting khaos QS3 shocks in + khaos limiter on pro rails just to make it a little more playful ... figured I may need antistab but not sure after your post ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Was this on your 16?
Looking at putting khaos QS3 shocks in + khaos limiter on pro rails just to make it a little more playful ... figured I may need antistab but not sure after your post ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
The pictures are my 22 boost pro rmk.

It came with factory antistab.

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
FTS Velocity shocks are all the same length, period.
If you want to run a Khaos limiter strap with a mono tube you must use a long eyelet.
If you are using a mono tube and a Pro(short) limiter strap on Khaos rails, you will be fine. The mono will not top out.

So the velocity FTS on the PRO RMK boost doesn’t have the 1/4” internal spacer like it shows in the parts book? I have the OEM Khaos limiter strap I plan on putting on my pro RMK boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features