• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro mtx rear skid in Viper Mountain?

T
Dec 1, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has installed a Nytro 153" track and rear skid into a 700 Viper Mountain? My buddy has the parts, so it would not be a very expensive mod.

It seems that I have lots of track speed, but just get hung up on the running boards when the snow gets deep. The Nytros that i am running with are digging deeper, and getting better flotation and traction,yet are approx the same horsepower/class.

Longer track, more travel should = better climbing and carving. Am I right?

jjw67x2

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2009
I hope someone has some info on this....if it works I'd like to try it on mine

Z

zoombyu

Jan 13, 2009
North Dakota
Work in progress

Check out my posts. Changed 05 Promountain 144 to Nytro Promountain 153. http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163459
I'm still not exactly happy with what I have. Some like the cat skids (not sure what years, sheds some pounds too). Have to drill different mounting holes for them. I was looking for something easy without a lot of changes. Not sure it was the right way to go. If you change, let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

mark

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2001
Wyoming
skid

You're basically changing out a heavy skid for another heavy skid. I think I would look for a Polaris skid and drop it in. I run Xtra lite skids in the mtnmax and they really improved the sled. JMO

T
I installed an 09 MTX skid in my 2000 mm700, I used the stock front holes, and built new rear drop brackets, but due to the length difference in the skids, you will need to use a 159 track, or shorten the rails in the back. It made my sled alot more fun to ride, and it shaved 10# off the sled.

Premium Features