• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen 5 ninja turtle

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Im I the only one turned off by the way these things look? It looks like someone crashed a g4 into a tree and put the front back together the best they could, aside from that the rest of the changes are pretty good I am impressed by the expert package offerings- especially the tmotion delete and the flex edge track going away, also the narrowed tunnel/boards... i also really like the lynx- if i were buying one that would be my choice. defently be excited to try one out!

Screenshot_20220214-170737_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Yes, they took the ugliest sled on the market and found a way to make it worse ? performance wise sounds like some positives.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Im I the only one turned off by the way these things look? It looks like someone crashed a g4 into a tree and put the front back together the best they could, aside from that the rest of the changes are pretty good I am impressed by the expert package offerings- especially the tmotion delete and the flex edge track going away, also the narrowed tunnel/boards... i also really like the lynx- if i were buying one that would be my choice. defently be excited to try one out!
better in person , as you will see, everyone wants it to move forward but of course your not in 2023, when were there you will like it, we often are looking at clothing 3-4 years ahead, it is wierd thinking i wont like that then when your there looking back you say I can believe what i wore 4 years ago....

D
Mar 13, 2014
I dont love it but I don't hate either. I have seen multiple new vehicles come out that I HATED and than for some reason that changed. If you hate so much don't buy it and keep trolling nobody really cares. I also have a feeling other manufacturers will come out with some different looks to move forward in maximizing performance.

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Not trying to troll, pointing out my likes/dislikes with the sled, (isnt that what a forum is all about) im not just randomly sh** talking posts or sleds unlike some people on here... as far as the clothes thing goes i cant see this growing on me... the g4 never did seem to win me over in the looks dept, this kindof took what i didnt like about the g4 looks and made it worse... but hey if this thing rides like it sounds like it does it can look however it wants and id still happily ride it kicking butt on the mountains

D
Mar 13, 2014
Not trying to troll, pointing out my likes/dislikes with the sled, (isnt that what a forum is all about) im not just randomly sh** talking posts or sleds unlike some people on here... as far as the clothes thing goes i cant see this growing on me... the g4 never did seem to win me over in the looks dept, this kindof took what i didnt like about the g4 looks and made it worse... but hey if this thing rides like it sounds like it does it can look however it wants and id still happily ride it kicking butt on the mountains

The trolling deal wasn't pointed at you it's just the thread I responded in. I don't like lot's of stuff related to this forum and others just don't really see a point pointing it out. It's hear for long time.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
its funny the amount of new threads in the new g5 section, so fast... it really shows which brand the guy pulling the strings back there rides.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Who cares what they look like. Every generation they do more things to make they ride more like a Polaris. They are getting so close now on some models finally dumping the T MO crap and going 15" that we are almost to the Unicorn everyone has been asking for years, a Rotax powered Polaris.
Not quite there yet but I truly believe these will hang with the 16 axys so who cares if it is the ugliest sled on the market?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
They are kinda ugly. But, I like all the changes.

Polaris sleds are better looking for sure. It's just a roll of the dice with their motor and quality.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'll be interested to see them in person. I wasn't too off-put by the Matryx in pictures, but in person, they're just ugly. Will have to see them side-by-side to say who wins this special olympics, but easy to say nobody is buying either on their looks. The Axys is a better-looking sled than the Matryx; funny that "must not look just like the Axys" and "shouldn't be ugly" was too much, and it seems Doo is doing little better.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Just like anything, at first glance "well, that's different ". However, after looking at it over and over, I like it. I think the Matryx is cool as well. In fact rented a Matryx for a couple days in Steamboat. Very capable sled, but still ordered a new Expert Turbo. Can't wait until it arrives. People can criticize all they want, I buy what I want regardless of someone's opinion.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Ive heard people gripe about the matryx and the doo saying basically the same chassis. Almost every aspect of the matryx is better than the axys and i bet the gen 5 will be the same way.

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
I have to agree with the matrix vs axys, there is so many improvments, minus a few minor things call me old fashioned but ill take the old pidd over the 7s or the doo 10.5 any day... i dont need or want all the bloat on my sled gauge, i dont want 7 apps on my phone to control it all, and I defently dont want to buy a new one when the screen shatters rolling the sled over actually I dont even want to see my gauge because i want it to be covered in pow all the time... and personally i think the axys looks better- but hey like they say chrome dont get you home- I think if i got a matrix i would want to remove that monster glovebox gauge holder thing sticking out the top and relocate the gauge so the windshield looks like it does something... like halfway there to a helium hood... but really i dont know what you can do to fix the g5... They need to have -not- a french guy designing that part...

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Dude best comment so far and I'm skidoo all the way. Why I like to make it back to my truck but yes ugly glad I got my 22 and put my raptor ace without the damn torsion springs probably better than the 23 minus the 180 hp but that's why they have maptunes?. If I'm wrong and I could be I'll just sell and buy a 24-25 so be it. Another thing I've noticed everybody ga- gaing over is the damn gauges who tf looks at that non stop unless tuning or a flat out trail rider. If I get a new one I will definitely not pay the extra money for a gauge I rarely look at. What's the next thing gonna be wanna sled and Netflix and chill?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
gauge is cool but it's too much money because of what it lacks and i'll be snowchecking a '24 as i'll hold back to let any bugs get worked out on the '23's.
as for looks, i didn't like the lightweight hoods when initially came out on the turbo but now i think they're fine. the new sleds will look better in person just like many of brp's colorways.

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
I have to say thats pretty awesome for deviant ink to take that and run with it, if i had a gen 5 i would be getting a turtle wrap for mine haha, i hope someone has a sense of humor on here and orders one i want to see a pic of a real sled with this wrap :), I think i found out who im ordering my next wrap from :)
12013_1600.jpg

Premium Features