• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Five Montana guys riding with Muskoka Matt

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Arguing about who is the best mountain rider is pointless. There is no way to prove it. What, you think Matt is the best bc you saw him on his YouTube Chanel? Besides it’s been well established that the gnarliest riders around are from AK. Unfortunately the only guy to prove this was kicked off the forum RIP…
No one was saying he is the best, a top tier one of better mountain riders in the gnar.
Riding regularly in the terrain he does with some of the best mountain riders on the planet. Matt is regularly through nasty terrain and up waiting for the likes of Caleb, Keith, Brett T and many recognized the very best mountain riders. Again, just pointing out how skilled Matt is.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
You guys do realize that videos on the internet can be selectively clipped together to show the creator in the best light? (And the guide showing them the goods)

Obviously you all need snow……..

C
Dec 14, 2020
You guys do realize that videos on the internet can be selectively clipped together to show the creator in the best light? (And the guide showing them the goods)

Obviously you all need snow……..

He's been around long enough there's plenty of footage of him in others videos.

It's been a running joke that "Matt's never stuck". It's more about who wants to watch a guy shovel?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
All great riders. A bunch of it is they go more than anyone. That is why at the end of every year im thinking , man i was just getting good and the years over. Also just because you go all of the time doesn't mean you're going to be like caleb. Depends on the person. Burandt said his least concern, when hiring, is if they can ride. Going to get good if you ride over 100 days a year. He is more concerned with passion, work ethic and attitude. The things you can't teach.
Sheetmetalfab is exactly right. If you watch Matt's version vs Caleb's version you can see a few mistakes Matt made. Caleb looks crazy no matter whose version you watch. Both great.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
All great riders. A bunch of it is they go more than anyone. That is why at the end of every year im thinking , man i was just getting good and the years over. Also just because you go all of the time doesn't mean you're going to be like caleb. Depends on the person. Burandt said his least concern, when hiring, is if they can ride. Going to get good if you ride over 100 days a year. He is more concerned with passion, work ethic and attitude. The things you can't teach.
Sheetmetalfab is exactly right. If you watch Matt's version vs Caleb's version you can see a few mistakes Matt made. Caleb looks crazy no matter whose version you watch. Both great.
Nailed it!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
People arguing about who's who when they have never even rode with this people is beyond retarded. This thread should be locked and trashed. People are absolutely clueless until you've actually rode with these people. Videos online are garbage. We all know nobody rides as hard as Alaskan riders and there are 7,328 local Revelstoke riders that are just as good as Caleb but don't have access to instgram or YouTube.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
People arguing about who's who when they have never even rode with this people is beyond retarded. This thread should be locked and trashed. People are absolutely clueless until you've actually rode with these people. Videos online are garbage. We all know nobody rides as hard as Alaskan riders and there are 7,328 local Revelstoke riders that are just as good as Caleb but don't have access to instgram or YouTube.
😂😂😂

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I can't begin to rate where Matt's skill fall between pretty good and elite, but being a top content producer sure tends to polarize people's opinions. For sure, he's no pushover - too hard to hide if he had no particular skills. Along the lines of what @turboless terry was saying though, his youtube channel doesn't live and die on raw skill. Personality, editing skills, and consistent production are what matters there. I don't follow a lot of sledding channels (or much else) on youtube, but it's mostly Matt because he comes across as genuine and always seems to be having fun.

About the only other guy who I watch much is Caleb - no way could he go at it like a dog chasing a ball without insane skills. No idea which is a better rider. It's possible the guys saying Matt's nothing special in terms of skill might be right, but who cares? It's entertainment. I could make videos that'd teach you a lot more about flying than watching Top Gun, but people don't watch movies to learn something, and it's the same way with the stuff that's big on youtube. Ultimately, if it turned out that Matt was just an average rider (highly unlikely), I can't say whether that would mean anything to me; I can say I'd still watch.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Did I miss our forum expert, Chadly in that video?
You guys are so lucky to have a forum expert like me. Caleb called me today and invited me out to ride with him and Muskoka in March in Seeley. I only have to pay Caleb $7,000 but I'll finally be able to let you guys know first hand who the best ever is. Muskoka or Caleb 😎 Sounds like B-litt is going to be there as well.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
You guys are so lucky to have a forum expert like me. Caleb called me today and invited me out to ride with him and Muskoka in March in Seeley. I only have to pay Caleb $7,000 but I'll finally be able to let you guys know first hand who the best ever is. Muskoka or Caleb 😎 Sounds like B-litt is going to be there as well.
Oh yeah, I'm so excited! :rolleyes: You just posted your self indorsed sh!t on the lamest thread ever! Idiot!

P
Dec 15, 2018
You guys are high af…he could smoke all you old farts and even the honey badger will have to push hard to catch him. We’d all be that good if we rode 7-10 hours a day all winter long in revelstoke…wtf?
Look at the clip where he smokes Curtis and kesterke up the pillo field or whatever it’s called. The Curtis says ,”man we got to get you on the circuit.” (Or something like that. Even his dad would smoke most dudes lol. Chadley at this point you don’t gotta pay man ! Just show up and go ride with them.

Premium Features