• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Five Montana guys riding with Muskoka Matt

C
Dec 14, 2020
I think most underestimate him just because he doesn't waste your time showing all the stucks, they assume he just sucks and can barely keep up. All his skill must be in the edit, right?

But it's hard not to get good when you're pushing and following better riders. And it doesn't hurt being able to ride 90+ days a year. Think he made over 100 last year.

He has rode with Caleb before. He's not as fast, but he's pretty damn good at being the guy at the top with him when not everyone can get there.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
I think most underestimate him just because he doesn't waste your time showing all the stucks, they assume he just sucks and can barely keep up. All his skill must be in the edit, right?

But it's hard not to get good when you're pushing and following better riders. And it doesn't hurt being able to ride 90+ days a year. Think he made over 100 last year.

He has rode with Caleb before. He's not as fast, but he's pretty damn good at being the guy at the top with him when not everyone can get there.
Where are all the Doo’s😂
I agree with your take on Matt. Look who was on top first when all raced up the pillows, Matt started towards the back and was first up followed by Caleb.
Caleb, Matt and Dawson were first up on other tough climbs.
Caleb gave Dawson the ultimate compliment saying he was one of the most under rated riders out there.
Matt has proven himself and one of the reasons so many pro riders are riding with him and Dawson is they show them an incredible adventure and both are world class mountain riders.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Every area has guys that are unreal riders and can put a run on many sponsored riders. Social media has brought more into the light but still always nice to see the humble passionate rider that lets his riding do the talking.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Every area has guys that are unreal riders and can put a run on many sponsored riders. Social media has brought more into the light but still always nice to see the humble passionate rider that lets his riding do the talking.
Not many Caleb’s around, every area may have great riders just not quite at that level.
Those guys (Caleb & Matt) are at the top of the food chain as far as Mountain Riders go.
Top couple percent.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Then Keith and Sam came to Alaska for some snow the next week.

The water crossings into Nellie were many that day.

IMG_1084.png

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT

Spent 2 days riding with them leading up to this video day.

Matt is an incredibly smooth rider that only tons of time on the snow creates. He's very fun to ride with.

Caleb is in a league of his own. But everyone in this edit is top tier. Able to hold their own in thr gnsrliest terrain around.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Spent 2 days riding with them leading up to this video day.

Matt is an incredibly smooth rider that only tons of time on the snow creates. He's very fun to ride with.

Caleb is in a league of his own. But everyone in this edit is top tier. Able to hold their own in thr gnsrliest terrain around.
Lucky guy riding with them! Top tier describes them. Matt and Dawson have no issues riding the gnar with the best backcountry riders on the planet!

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Not many Caleb’s around, every area may have great riders just not quite at that level.
Those guys (Caleb & Matt) are at the top of the food chain as far as Mountain Riders go.
Top couple percent.
Caleb’s arguably the best at the moment for tech terrain. Lot’s of Matt’s and guys better than Matt around, coastal and interior Bc has lots of talent. What Matt has done with his YouTube channel is great for the industry. He blew up due to being an average guy showing his passion for the mountains. His skill set has improved quickly year to year tho.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Caleb’s arguably the best at the moment for tech terrain. Lot’s of Matt’s and guys better than Matt around, coastal and interior Bc has lots of talent. What Matt has done with his YouTube channel is great for the industry. He blew up due to being an average guy showing his passion for the mountains. His skill set has improved quickly year to year tho.
I would have to argue lots of Matt’s and guys better. In the terrain they (Matt and crew) are riding there are a few Matt’s and almost none better. I’ve been riding quite some time and have ridden with many talented riders including pro riders and IMO Matt is very top tier. I’m sure Caleb or Brett or Kieth Curtis or any number of top tier riders who have ridden with Matt would agree. I know Caleb and Keith do and would say what I’m saying.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I would have to argue lots of Matt’s and guys better. In the terrain they (Matt and crew) are riding there are a few Matt’s and almost none better. I’ve been riding quite some time and have ridden with many talented riders including pro riders and IMO Matt is very top tier. I’m sure Caleb or Brett or Kieth Curtis or any number of top tier riders who have ridden with Matt would agree. I know Caleb and Keith do and would say what I’m saying.
Come to the interior of BC. Matt's are everywhere, he's good but nothing special.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Come to the interior of BC. Matt's are everywhere, he's good but nothing special.
I’ve ridden the interior of BC a lot, I agree there are many talented riders….just not that many at Matt’s level IMO.
Golf comparison, tens of thousands of scratch golfers who hit it 300 consistently who can’t quite compete at the highest level and might look like Matt but are not.
Matt can compete at the highest level and hangs with Caleb, Keith or Brett Turcotte or anyone else for that matter.
Your statement that there are lots of guys better, I don’t think so. If there are I’ve never ridden with them or seen them in person, on a vid or anywhere else.
I’ve seen plenty of very talented riders and ride with some. Montana has a lot of good riders too (where I grew up) as evidenced on the Vid in this thread. There are many really good riders as you stated, Matt’s skill in the terrain he regularly rides is top couple percent.
IMO

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Arguing about who is the best mountain rider is pointless. There is no way to prove it. What, you think Matt is the best bc you saw him on his YouTube Chanel? Besides it’s been well established that the gnarliest riders around are from AK. Unfortunately the only guy to prove this was kicked off the forum RIP…

Premium Features