• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Eureka conditions???

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
maybe we'll do that this weekend? ;) I wonder how the snow is back there? Have you been up there riding yet?

We did have a good time. Lots of overflow on the creeks and lakes though. :/

overflow is good..keeps others off your tracks...:eek:..havent been into the cabin this season..my buddy was gonna try and swing by it this weekend but havent talked to him yet...am thinking I might take the kids up saturday for a day trip if we dont get any good snow anywhere else....but its a 120 mile trip in and out so its a bit iffy with just me and the kids just incase there was any problems(although my buddy will be at his cabin on yacko creek I am sure....)

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
so true on the overflow, but when someone breaks through and tips a sled and gets wet and then stuck that's no fun. I don't mind over flow as long as it's solid below but seeing something like that happen makes me cringe. Getting wet at -10 is no fun either. That's what happened to a friend of ours last weekend.

Yup, I've been to your cabin and actually took a picture of the thermometer 2 springs ago, or was it 3? I think with the sun shining on it it was reading something like 90 degrees ~ haha! Beautiful country up there!!

But we'll be up there again this weekend. We'll be at the lodge for breakfast, maybe we'll see ya there?

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Southside - Nelchina riverbed - great powder but we tore it all up this past weekend! :D Southside is the best area for the snow at this time. I will post pics later.

Also Eureka Lodge could use the business. Let's get out and support Alaskan owed business's and lodges, especially this time of the year. Also don't forget the Sweetheart Poker Run is just around the corner. They are having a room special for the poker run you might want to make your reservations while it's still early and the special includes dinner for two. :)

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
Was debating about going up there yesterday but decided I should stay and work on my homework. :rolleyes:

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
DSC02400.jpg

DSC02406.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Looks like decent snow on the southside. Did you ride the northside of the highway at all or is all the snow south? This is my first year ever without riding up there....waiting for more snow and riding reports. Thanks

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Was debating about going up there yesterday but decided I should stay and work on my homework. :rolleyes:

Whaatt?? You chose homework over riding?? Are you crazy?? You've got your priorities all wrong woman!! lol!!

I wished you would have gone up on Sunday. I ended up going for a ride by myself (again) because no one else wanted to go. Can you imagine that?? **shaking head** being up there and NOT riding! Something wrong with this picture....oh welll, at least I had a great time :D .....It was a gorgeous day on Sunday too. :) We'll be up there again this weekend if you want to come up and play. :)

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
Whaatt?? You chose homework over riding?? Are you crazy?? You've got your priorities all wrong woman!! lol!!

I wished you would have gone up on Sunday. I ended up going for a ride by myself (again) because no one else wanted to go. Can you imagine that?? **shaking head** being up there and NOT riding! Something wrong with this picture....oh welll, at least I had a great time :D .....It was a gorgeous day on Sunday too. :) We'll be up there again this weekend if you want to come up and play. :)

Haha I know my priorities were all messed up. Two of these classes are killing me with homework. But yes I should have came up on sunday. Maybe this weekend. Still need to break that new XP in!

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
We are planning on heading up to the lodge this weekend. If anyone has any snow reports from the Eureka area I'd appreciate it.

N
Sep 4, 2009
Palmer AK
so are you saying it is worth drive to ride up there??
I usually ride around gun sight. I have actually never been to the nelchina on the south side. This might have to be my first

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
I lost my black fabric tank bag at Gunsight area 2 weeks ago.:Cry: I had maps, gauntlets and bunch of other stuff in it. If you find it, please let me know! Thanks!
(All these new smilies, and NO BEER? :jaw::deadhorse::preggers::hurt: Its amusing tho....)

just the same ol :beer;

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Rode Eureka on Saturday. Awesome blue bird day...One of those days that confirms why we choose to live here!!! The south side had good snow, many swamps were untounched, and the trails are in excellent shape (Thanks Eureka Lodge!!!). Eureka burgers were great as always!

Sunrise on the southside.
DSC_0130.jpg

In front of Nelchina Glacier. -20 on the river bottom.
DSC_0136.jpg

North side looking East toward the Wrangell St Elias mountains. Needs more snow, great for trail/touring sleds, not so good for our RMK's.
DSC_0145.jpg

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
We rode Eureka again allllll weekend. Once again we found some awesome powder on the river. Bluebird skies both days and and the air was so still that even the snow dust took a while to settle. :)
Sat pics
DSC02438.jpg

There's an Apex in this pic somewhere....
DSC02439.jpg

DSC02445.jpg

DSC02451-1.jpg

sunset off the trail back from the river
DSC02485.jpg

Premium Features