• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Getting an M8...

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
I'm looking to pick up a 2009 M8 153 midweek once the storms finish and the roads clear. It has 1900 miles, is black with green graphics, and from the pix looks to be in decent condition. The deal price is $2500.

It'll be a backup/loaner/trainer sled, mainly to get my daughter into the sport. And having had an M7 years ago, it'll be fun to be back on one again. It already has scratchers and a bar riser.

One thing though... it has no snow flap. PO said he removed it because it kept getting sucked into the track. Do I need to plan to replace it? Should I be leary of anything because it was removed? I thought the flap was necessary for proper cooling since it has a rear-mounted cooler.

Anything else I should watch out for?

Thanks.

I have an 06 M6 that had the same problem, I found a support made out some rod bent in a W that bolted under the flap. Solved the problem. You probably need the flap to help with cooling and without it nobody can ride behind you closer that 1/2 mile.

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
Haha yeah same goes with my Khaos... it throws one helluva roost! I'll plan to get a new flap and I'll build one of those supports.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
It has a rear cooler AND a front cooler. It takes a lot to overheat them. Probably fine without the flap.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Same thing kept happening with mine on my 2010 m8. I finally gave up and left it off. No problem with cooling.

Premium Features