• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stupid 2 stoke oil question

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Long story but was at trail head and outa options so I used some polaris 2 stroke oil in my electric over hydraulic dual leg jack trailer. It looked like ATF in the system originally and thats what I would probably run normally if the manufacturer didn’t specify. Ran syn ATF in plenty of plow set ups instead of “plow fluid” and Id view an electric over hydraulic jack as the same.

Question is how compatible is 2 stroke oil? My plan is to drain and flush it quick but how crazy do I need to get on flushing? Is this stuff bio degradable, super hydroscopic, or have some other weird additive that is going to totally screw things up or make it incompatible that Im not thinking of? Im thinking a quick flush and refill with fresh and I’ll be fine. If I need to make sure every drop is out thats going to really add to the PITA factor but will if its needed.

If anybody has an idea I do appreciate it. Guessing nobody has experience running 2 stroke oil as a hydro fluid long term. 🙄:ROFLMAO:Thanks

Paul27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2008
Reno, NV
The big difference in a two-stroke oil is it's designed to burn clean, with no deposits. That should not affect your hydraulic system.

Dirt is the main issue in hydraulics.

Drain and replace should be fine.

Premium Features