• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nelson area riding conditions?

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
A group of us will be up around Nelson for a ski trip the last week of March. I was planning on bringing sleds as well. We are curious if the trailheads/parking lots are snow covered or if there is some dirt road riding down low to get to the riding zones? Has anyone been riding around Nelson and Castlegar areas lately? I’m just trying to get an idea of what to expect as we have had a slow start to winter here in Montana. Any info is greatly appreciated!

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I know a couple guys in that area and their pics look like the snow is really good right now. I wouldn't count on much snow in the valley's though. Be prepared to drive up a couple of miles to snowline.

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Copy, thanks. bnorth based off what you’re saying it sounds like you are able to drive a truck up to the snow line? Or are you riding sleds a couple miles of dirt?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Depends on which trailhead you start at, most we can drive to snow. Right now we are starting at base again. 2 weeks, good question.

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Thanks for the info, much appreciated! If it makes you feel any better our weather in Montana has been bi-polar most of this year. 🤣

Premium Features