• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Eureka conditions???

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Road Eureka today, maybe 1 foot of wind packed on average. Till ya drop down into old man creek, then it starts thinning out till you get to the top of Monument. Then there's like 2", Little Nel wasn't scoured but didn't look like much snow down there either. I didn't bother to drop in. Save yourself some riding time and money and wait a bit for some more snow.
LA

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Road Eureka today, maybe 1 foot of wind packed on average. Till ya drop down into old man creek, then it starts thinning out till you get to the top of Monument. Then there's like 2", Little Nel wasn't scoured but didn't look like much snow down there either. I didn't bother to drop in. Save yourself some riding time and money and wait a bit for some more snow.
LA

dang it..that sucks mike..wonder where it blew all the snow too?..hopefully up by my cabin..my buddy is going into check things in the morning..so i will know more monday....

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
LA

Yup, I got the same report from a friend last night who has a place in Glacier View estates.

What a bummer! I was really hoping for some early riding in Eureka, but LL has definitely made up for this. :)

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Just talked with a guy who drove through this morning. Not much at Eureka, but sounds like West of Caribou Creek got hammered, so Puritan, maybe Pinochle. Might be worth a look:D

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I wonder if the South side of the road got some snow from the Valdez storms by chance? If you rode back there pretty far might be some decent snow.

Horsepasture Directions?

I want to ride horse pasture when I visit in march. Is the only way to horse pasture down monument and then ride the river bed? Or is there other ways to ride in where I dont have to deal with monument? Also is riding the south side of the road any good?

Im confused and need help. Thanks guys

Crash!!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I want to ride horse pasture when I visit in march. Is the only way to horse pasture down monument and then ride the river bed? Or is there other ways to ride in where I dont have to deal with monument? Also is riding the south side of the road any good?

Crash!!!

monument isnt that bad, we pull loaded sleds down it, even my 13 (at the time) yr old daughter has gone up and down it, but there are several other ways around it..personally ..horsepasture isnt that good of riding...there is far better areas out there....

R

revtech100

Oct 13, 2008
Anchorage, AK

Crash!!!

You've always been confused....

B
Jan 15, 2008
Today the north side was 15F and mostly sunny, but there wasn't nearly enough snow, even in wind protected bowls there were only a few pockets going back all the way to monument. Foreground of this pic is what it mostly looked like. I got lucky..took some nasty hits...glad I have a skid plate
Picture021.jpg

Last edited:
A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Is there.....

...really snow?

http://www.eurekalodge.com/weather.html

FPAK51PAFC_AKZ141
-----------------
AKZ141-271400-
COPPER RIVER BASIN-
INCLUDING...GLENNALLEN...EUREKA...MCCARTHY...PAXSON...SLANA
400 PM AKST SAT DEC 26 2009
.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. SNOW SHOWERS SOUTH OF GLENNALLEN. SNOW
ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES SOUTH OF GLENNALLEN. LOWS 5 TO 15 ABOVE.
VARIABLE WIND 10 MPH.
.SUNDAY...CLOUDY. ISOLATED SNOW SHOWERS ALONG THE WRANGELL MOUNTAINS.
HIGHS 15 TO 20. VARIABLE WIND TO 10 MPH.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. ISOLATED SNOW SHOWERS IN THE EVENING...
THEN A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS 5 TO 15 ABOVE.
LIGHT WINDS.
.MONDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 15 TO 20. LIGHT WINDS.
.MONDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS ZERO TO 10 ABOVE. LIGHT
WINDS.
.TUESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS 5 TO 15.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS 5 BELOW TO 5 ABOVE.
.WEDNESDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 5 TO 15.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE
OF SNOW. LOWS ZERO TO 10 ABOVE. HIGHS IN THE TEENS.

&&
TEMPERATURE / PRECIPITATION

GLENNALLEN 8 14 8 13 / 0 0 20 0

$$

Derived from FPAK51PAFC - Updated 20:21 12/26/2009

Premium Features