• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coil over suspension on the 165 Expert (N/A AND Turbo)

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Looking at the Zbros coil over suspension for a 165 Expert Turbo. From what I can tell, for 700 bucks, you get a valved for my weight shock, AND it deletes the torsion springs. Saves a few pounds as well.

...has anyone tried this on their expert sled? Any thoughts on ride, and side hill intitive? I am coming off a 18 165, with valved shocks, fat boys springs, and t motion eliminated. The thing seems to sidehill effortlessly (despite the Internet telling me it doesn't side hill very well....).

... thoughts/comments/suggestions

Ace

T
Aug 8, 2011
I’ve just never seen a drop in coil over spring setup in a doo beat a decent working package with the torsion springs. Guys have it out for the torsions, but to overly simplify it they are your only option to maintain a true rising rate in the rear suspension because the torsion spring lifts vertically throughout the entire suspension travel. Any coil over setup rigged in there had a falling rate because of adjusting shock angle during suspension stroke. It obviously can be made to work, but the doo skid with decent valving and springs for a riding weight truly is pretty good.

J
Nov 15, 2014
I have run the ZBros torsion delete for 3 years now (same parts all 3 years) and it is a game changer in the rear suspension. I've run it with the tmotion locked out for the first year and with tmotion for the rest and honestly I didn't notice a difference with or without tmotion.

The torsion delete makes the rear suspension way stiffer and more responsive. I've found it helps keep the side hill and the front end down. Not to mention I find it easier to adjust with the Exit shock

Last edited:
Premium Features