• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brand Bashing Yamaha Sleds

O
Dec 6, 2007
Oh joy, look who's back spreading happiness everywhere he goes.
Mr. Sunshine himself.

Ya, about the video.
Sorry bud.
NOT a Sham.
NOT a Pack of Lies.
NOT an insult to everyone's intelligence.

The problem with reality is that when YOU disagree with it, it just doesn't care what you think. The truth stands apart from your opinion.

Replicate the exact same conditions, and you will get the exact same results.

Oh, and as for my "Blind Support".
Dream on bud.
Yamaha builds the most reliable, highest quality, longest lasting snowmobiles on the market with the best made engines in the industry.

Lets see, their current scrore card reads.

#1 in Reliability
#1 in Fuel Economy
#1 in Ease of Operation
#1 in Low Emissions
#1 in Low Cost of Operation
#1 in Resale Value

Pretty funny to see you with your undies in such a twist:rant::sun:

You forgot PERFORMANCE, the key place where Yamaha is lacking. Need we review which manufacturer nearly swept at Jackson?

Glad you like them, and I understand that you are the type of person who values easy, economical low emissions vehicles. Tells me all I need to know.

I, and the bulk of new mtn snowmachine buyers, seem to favor something a little more risky, more frisky, more fun. Probably why I get under your skin.

As for the video, fine, you were not trying to defraud, I will concede that. Those are some freak conditions though. I rode with the competition all winter and NEVER saw anything like the results you and the Yammi faithful want to seem to cling to. I can agree to disagree on it. I still think it was a flawed test with flawed results and, I am FAR from alone in that position.

Mr. Sunshine

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Just for the record.
I sent out a very limited number of PMs.
I ONLY contacted those members who had been active in current YAMAHA Threads.

So out of some 85,000+ members, about 1,000 or so were contacted about those two threads. The intent was to ONLY contact those I thought would be most interested. NOT to draw in the Haters or Bashers, NOT to create Drama or Controversy.

Sadly there are a small number of Non-Yamaha riders who seem to HAUNT this little corner of SnoWest.

Hell yeah I was interested I was just hoping for something that pushed the limits... A 10 year old motor and a old borrowed "OK" chassis did not do it for me. The snow weight vid and how fun you guys are just keep me here. lol

Yamaha has the resources to do something amazing... Sadly I think the amighty Yen and the small group that we are will keep them from unleashing anything.

Oh and I'm assuming by active you mean viewed a yamaha thread. By my recollection I had never posted in a Yamaha forum before recieving both PM's?

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Pretty funny to see you with your undies in such a twist:rant::sun:

You forgot PERFORMANCE, the key place where Yamaha is lacking. Need we review which manufacturer nearly swept at Jackson?

Mr. Sunshine

Ah yes, engine performance
No engine in the industry delivers the power, longevity or Modibility of the Yamaha motors. Legendary horsepower for boosted engines that don't grenade.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hell yeah I was interested I was just hoping for something that pushed the limits... A 10 year old motor and a old borrowed "OK" chassis did not do it for me. The snow weight vid and how fun you guys are just keep me here. lol

Yamaha has the resources to do something amazing... Sadly I think the amighty Yen and the small group that we are will keep them from unleashing anything.

Oh and I'm assuming by active you mean viewed a yamaha thread. By my recollection I had never posted in a Yamaha forum before recieving both PM's?
Correct.
I took the top 3 yamaha threads and harvested the VIEWED BY member names and sent out those 2 PMs only to those members.

O
Dec 6, 2007
Kelly Blue Book says Yamaha holds their price better than any other snowmobile brand.

Kelly Blue Book doesn't own any snowmobiles, nor do they buy and sell them. Next time you buy or sell ANYTHING KBB rates, try and get those kind of numbers.

I think you should PM all the sellers on the Yammi swapmeet section and see if they are getting good money for used Yamaha mountain sleds. The mtn segment is different than the flatlander sleds where Yammi does well because weight doesn't matter as much.

I think it is incredibly humorous that you Yammi fans take all this so personally. If Polaris would have fitted a 4 stroke into a marginal mtn chassis, I would be making fun of Polaris, If Cat did it (they did) they would take the ribbing (and they have). It isn't a Yammi thing, it is an overwieght, underpowered, overpriced thing. Some see value in it, most do not. For crying out loud, you have to spend thousands to turbo up Yammis top model to get it to comptete, that is pretty sad IMO. I seriously doubt you will be thrilled with Cats quality either. The sleds are built by Cat in Cats factory and it looks like Stingray has already found a chink in the engineering armour... ooops.

I am sure they will be nice sleds, just not the revelation you seem to want to potrait them as, which is what keeps the discussions going by the way.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Kelly Blue Book, NADA are nothing more than books that give national averages on used market vehicles of all kinds. These books have 3 price categories High, Low & Wholesale. In all my years of buying used sleds the market on used sleds has alway hovered around wholesale and not a penny more.

Slightly used 2014 mountain sleds (any brand) with barley 300 miles are selling for 8k to 9k in like new condition. Last week I sold a 2014 XM with under 84 miles for 10k . Bought the sled for 9500 flipped it for a quick 500 profit.

DPG

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Kelly Blue Book doesn't own any snowmobiles, nor do they buy and sell them. Next time you buy or sell ANYTHING KBB rates, try and get those kind of numbers.

I think you should PM all the sellers on the Yammi swapmeet section and see if they are getting good money for used Yamaha mountain sleds. The mtn segment is different than the flatlander sleds where Yammi does well because weight doesn't matter as much.

I think it is incredibly humorous that you Yammi fans take all this so personally. If Polaris would have fitted a 4 stroke into a marginal mtn chassis, I would be making fun of Polaris, If Cat did it (they did) they would take the ribbing (and they have). It isn't a Yammi thing, it is an overwieght, underpowered, overpriced thing. Some see value in it, most do not. For crying out loud, you have to spend thousands to turbo up Yammis top model to get it to comptete, that is pretty sad IMO. I seriously doubt you will be thrilled with Cats quality either. The sleds are built by Cat in Cats factory and it looks like Stingray has already found a chink in the engineering armour... ooops.

I am sure they will be nice sleds, just not the revelation you seem to want to potrait them as, which is what keeps the discussions going by the way.

Sure did, but moving or removing the radiator sure beats redesigning an engine **coughs** POLARIS **coughs**

Christopher please send this guy a new tube of glue so he can do some summer upgrades to his POO. ;)

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Kelly Blue Book says Yamaha holds their price better than any other snowmobile brand.

Ok Christopher, everyone knows what Kelly Blue book and NADA guides mean......nada. Any sled is only worth what someone is willing to pay. You go to a dealer and asked them to give you Blue book or NADA trade in and they laugh at you. The numbers in those books are not realistic. With that said, I like all the sleds, just some more than others. :face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ok Christopher, everyone knows what Kelly Blue book and NADA guides mean......nada. Any sled is only worth what someone is willing to pay. You go to a dealer and asked them to give you Blue book or NADA trade in and they laugh at you. The numbers in those books are not realistic. With that said, I like all the sleds, just some more than others. :face-icon-small-hap
All those guides give you are the real world numbers based on dealer reports.

The claim is that "Yamaha Snowmobiles" have the highest resale value.
We can argue all day long about sub-components to that claim for one segment of the market or another, and stock vs. mod. But none of that has any impact on the overall statement.

Yamaha Snowmobiles, as a whole, as a BRAND, have the HIGHEST used resale value.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
But you forgot to add the TROLL filter to those results! Look what you invited in? :)
Its the middle of July and things are dead around here this time of year.
If I used the Troll Filter it would be even deader.

As it is, this is the most interesting thread we have running right now, and its mostly do to our favorite troll.:face-icon-small-hap

Summer is the price we pay for the game we play in winter.

viper-demo.jpg

1856_600.jpg

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Why do we do it?

I find it humorous how sensitive (butthurt) some get over this.
I see it simply as male bonding, we find each other's weaknesses and poke at them a bit to get a reaction, the stronger the reaction the more aggressive the poking.

The same goes for your sled (truck, wife, girlfriend, etc.) of choice, regardless of your choice and rational for such, those that disagree or even agree and just want to bust your balls for a reaction are going to do so. It is just for entertainment value, every manufacture has their Achilles heel which makes them an easy target for this. Yammi is easy with them being the one with the fat chicks and last in sales. Cat for their lack of fit and finish and overall quality and workable setup in recent years not to mention the clothing line and those color choices. Skidoo for all their gimmicks and again pretty gay color choices. Polaris for their perceived engine and chassis weaknesses.

Really no different from me flicking you a little crap because your sticking it to the town slut or whatever the jab at the moment happens to be.

If your comfortable with your choice, great, defend it! To those that disagree it is free entertainment. We are willing to defend our choices as well, for your entertainment value. I think most, regardless of which brand/s they support, respectfully disagree with the rest, until that manufacture delivers a product that does not have the weaknesses he or she is opposed to.

The Mountain segment of sled design has not kept pace with what the consumer wants the sled to be able to do; regardless of brand, IMO. I base my sleds off of the Polaris PRO geometry because it is the closest of the four for what want to do with it. I'm looking more for a "trials bike"; ultra lightweight (under 400 #'s fueled and ready to ride) razor precision handling, able to stick an impossible line from one obstacle to the next. Able to look certain death in the face and laugh, kind of riding. Flawless clutching, HP to me means little (as I'm at sealevel to ~6K). Even the stock PRO RMK is 100#'s too heavy IMO.

Nothing is Sacred, ALL warranties are BS, engineers don't know sh!t, and I can build it better than the big 4!

Last edited:
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
We all have opinions. BUT, the true test of a sled is how much aftermarket stuff is sold for it. Nytro had boatloads of lightening stuff for obvious reasons. Poo has boatloads of engine stuff....etc.

How much aftermarket stuff do you see for a Nytro engine or a 2014 Proclimb chassis?

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
We all have opinions. BUT, the true test of a sled is how much aftermarket stuff is sold for it. Nytro had boatloads of lightening stuff for obvious reasons. Poo has boatloads of engine stuff....etc.

How much aftermarket stuff do you see for a Nytro engine or a 2014 Proclimb chassis?

WOW the Nytro has the highest priced aftermarket following of any manufacturer........

Premium Features