• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Fuel Pump Issues Even After Recall

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
I was getting intermittent low fuel pressure codes and found this issue. All 4 of the wires going to the fuel pressure sensor were cut inside the sheathing. 2 others I was riding with that day had the same symptoms for the same reason.
20230202_144815.jpg20230202_144819.jpg

B
Jan 24, 2023
Colorado
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad yours was an easy fix. I talked to the dealership, and they said they checked all that.
My new 2023 boost is still sitting at the dealership with less than 100 miles on it while they wait to receive the part from Polaris. #worstwinterever #dontbuyapolaris

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Well got 2 rides on the Boost. The fuel pump started squeaking like a pig. No codes but took no chances and headed down the mountain. Back to the dealer we go. Love the sled but could really do without the drama this early.

B
Jan 24, 2023
Colorado
I agree with you sir. It has been a miserable experience buying a Polaris snowmobile so far. At this point I just wish I had a sled to ride...my new/only snowmobile is still sitting at the dealership. It's been 3 weeks now since I dropped it off after waiting until mid-january to receive and only riding it two times. Pretty disappointing to have a season of snowmobiling pretty much completely lost.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I agree with you sir. It has been a miserable experience buying a Polaris snowmobile so far. At this point I just wish I had a sled to ride...my new/only snowmobile is still sitting at the dealership. It's been 3 weeks now since I dropped it off after waiting until mid-january to receive and only riding it two times. Pretty disappointing to have a season of snowmobiling pretty much completely lost.
I will keep saying it but we live in a day and age that you need 2 snowmobiles to be seriously in the sport. I pretty much don't know anyone that doesn't have a "back-up" sled. The days of being a poor snowmobiler are all but over. Why do you think old Rusty is trying to get me to provide him with a state of the art sled, gas, and transportation to and from the mountain to teach him my expert riding skills? ?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
[/QUOTE]
We have installed a heat barrier between tank and heat exchangers on our sleds.
They still whined. My sled still whined.
I don’t know if this is the fix, or if I should share???? I have over 400 miles on it now and haven’t had a whine all the way to an empty tank or on warm days.
I installed a small restriction in the return line before the jet pump. The jet pump now works as well. The filter is finally showing some color.

As promised. I shortened a brass hose Barb fitting and placed it in the return line just past the FPR.
This sled had a very loud whiny pump, it hasn’t whined since the install.
You can run the tank nearly empty.
It hasn’t had a low fuel pressure code or cut out since install.
You can see the jet pump is working by the filter’s color. It’s time to change the filters. Wish Polaris had them.C478A6A1-74C3-48DF-A14F-F0A184241042.jpeg55949B7C-E462-457B-8CFE-AA3996232A58.jpeg

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

As promised. I shortened a brass hose Barb fitting and placed it in the return line just passed the FPR.
You can see the jet pump is working by the filter’s color. It’s time to change the filters. Wish Polaris had them.View attachment 400859View attachment 400860
[/QUOTE]
I think Dan has some.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
We have installed a heat barrier between tank and heat exchangers on our sleds.
They still whined. My sled still whined.
I don’t know if this is the fix, or if I should share???? I have over 400 miles on it now and haven’t had a whine all the way to an empty tank or on warm days.
I installed a small restriction in the return line before the jet pump. The jet pump now works as well. The filter is finally showing some color.
Problem is they won’t do the tank update because of the mod.
Reminds me of the 700 Dragon fiasco.

As promised. I shortened a brass hose Barb fitting and placed it in the return line just passed the FPR.
You can see the jet pump is working by the filter’s color. It’s time to change the filters. Wish Polaris had them.View attachment 400859View attachment 400860
[/QUOTE]

What does the fitting do? Restrict the return fuel heading towards the pickup?
Just read the posts?

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca

[/QUOTE]

Guessing ID size of fitting is pretty standard? Or is there preferred opening size for correct restriction?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I will keep saying it but we live in a day and age that you need 2 snowmobiles to be seriously in the sport. I pretty much don't know anyone that doesn't have a "back-up" sled. The days of being a poor snowmobiler are all but over. Why do you think old Rusty is trying to get me to provide him with a state of the art sled, gas, and transportation to and from the mountain to teach him my expert riding skills? ?

Exactly. Chilly being the the richest person on here with forum expert status, paying pros to ride and name drop, it seemed like a reasonable capitalistic trade for my mechanical, electrical, and set up knowledge.
Unfortunately, like most people that like to brag about their money, he is still being a tight, cheap ass.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Figured out the issue with my sled kicking the Low Fuel Pressure Code. When I took it into the dealer 3 weeks ago they said they didn't know what the problem was and Polaris said to replace the Fuel Pump. With Fuel Pumps being on back order until February 21st I wasn't going to leave it there hoping they would eventually fix it. I strongly suspected that it didn't need a new fuel pump (I never had the fuel pump whine) and I figured it was a different issue. I'm on the "Polaris Patriot Boost Owners" group on Facebook which is awesome because there's a lot of good info there that is being shared. I believe it was @Seabass152 from here that posted what he found on the Facebook group as well about the wires that connect into the Fuel Pressure Sensor and how they can break. There is a Fuel Pressure sensor that is inline in one of the fuel lines and the connector that clips into it along with it's wiring is routed terribly from the Factory. The Fuel lines run right behind the coolant bottle and these fuel lines are suspended. As the sled moves and bounces around, those fuel lines bounce up and down and because there is no slack in the wiring to the Fuel Pressure Sensor connector, the wiring will eventually break. The tricky part is that you won't be able to tell if the wiring is broken just by looking at the wires that go into the plug. The copper wires inside the wire sheathing break. You have to unplug the connector from the sensor and pull the wire pigtails out of the plastic connector housing to see if the copper wire is broken inside. Once you have the individual wires out of the connector housing than you can pull on the end of each one and if they're broken they'll just come apart. 3 out of the 4 wires on mine were broken. My cousin has a 2023 Boost with about 200 miles and on the same ride that we found mine his sled started giving the Low Fuel Pressure Code as well. He checked his and 3 out of the 4 wires were broken on his as well. You can refer to post #41 on this thread by @Seabass152 for picks of this issue. We found a replacement connector and we each put these on our sleds. Each sled runs great now without any Low Fuel Pressure Codes.

Here is a link to a video of guy who shows how to find and fix the Fuel Pressure Sensor wiring.

GM makes a wire connector that is a direct fit for this and it comes with extra long wires that are already attached and all set up. All you need to do is splice it up. I went down to my local Chevy dealer and got the connector there. You can also find it on rockauto.com The part is an ACDELCO part and that part number is PT2677. The GM part number is 13581092. They are the same part.

The way that the wiring was routed from the factory was the same on both mine and my cousins sleds. My brother just pick up a Boost last week. We looked at the connector on his sled and it's routed obviously different than mine was and is routed in such a way that it would be much less likely to have the wires break. Nonetheless, we cut the tape back from the main wiring harness so there's about another 2 inches of lead wire for the connector for the Fuel Pressure Sensor. This way it can't pull the wires apart as the fuel lines bounce around. After seeing how his wiring was routed so obviously different than ours it seems that Polaris is aware of this issue and making adjustments already. Just wish they would push the fix out to customers who already have their sleds. If you have a Boost and you haven't had this problem yet, I'd count yourself lucky and go in try to lengthen the lead wire for this Fuel Pressure Sensor Connector. It's simple job that take a few minutes to prevent a much big issue.

Premium Features