• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Updated Fuel Pump DIED!

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
I have a 22 850 Khaos with ALL the updates done and my pump is squealing and now every time you floor it just keeps reading Low Fuel Pressure. Have any of you guys found a good after market pump? My warranty is done. Maybe Polaris's latest recall will be another new pump, but I would like to have a spare even if the New Recall replaces it.

C
Nov 19, 2009
I have a 22 850 Khaos with ALL the updates done and my pump is squealing and now every time you floor it just keeps reading Low Fuel Pressure. Have any of you guys found a good after market pump? My warranty is done. Maybe Polaris's latest recall will be another new pump, but I would like to have a spare even if the New Recall replaces it

Quantum fuel pumps. They work and are way cheaper than a polaris replacement

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Maybe the fuel pumps dying is Polaris' solution to all the spark plugs that are fouling? Less fuel = less fouling.

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
Quantum does not show their pump for my sled, they show a walbro. Couple years ago my kid's arctic cat killed a pump, we bought a Walbro replacement, it would NOT run right, pulled it and bought a Quantum and it ran perfect. Just a little concerned with the walbro and it has 1 year warranty and the quantum are lifetime. Just thought someone may have used something already that worked.

As a side note for some of the other helpful tips, 1346 miles and have NEVER BLOWN a Plug or a clutch but thanks for the useful info. (y)

C
Dec 14, 2020
Quantum does not show their pump for my sled, they show a walbro. Couple years ago my kid's arctic cat killed a pump, we bought a Walbro replacement, it would NOT run right, pulled it and bought a Quantum and it ran perfect. Just a little concerned with the walbro and it has 1 year warranty and the quantum are lifetime. Just thought someone may have used something already that worked.

As a side note for some of the other helpful tips, 1346 miles and have NEVER BLOWN a Plug or a clutch but thanks for the useful info. (y)

Walbro changed ownership and is technically not Walbro anymore.

Quantum makes something for everything at a reasonable price. They're my go-to for sleds and bikes.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Go buy a lottery ticket

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
I looked and could NOT find a quantum fuel pump number for the 22' and newer 850's

That being said, I wonder if Polaris's Recall on the Recall for the fire in the tank will be a NEW fuel pump? Hopefully they say soon so I can decide if I need to take a chance on the Walbro pump that is suppose to be a direct fit. Just concerned about the Walbro pump being a piece of $hi! like the one my son bought for his Cat.

B
Feb 17, 2019
For what it’s worth here’s what’s stamped on the stock fuel pump. I’m pretty sure the actual part number with Walbro is FGB-55. Good luck finding one online. Very allusive part number.

The Quantum HFP-404 seems to be the direct replacement pump, and is easy to find / buy online.

Walbro
FGB-55
F20000351
19523-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
Thanks for the part #s, I will check them out. I think I will just buy one anyways even if polaris replaces it so the next time I don't loose any riding days.

Premium Features