• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Pump Whine is Back (2022 w fixes)

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
From the first photo you can’t really see it, from the second when zoomed in there are two lines on the pump housing just inside of the retainer nut. The aren’t very obvious, kind of look like they were scratched on there with a pick. This is my 22 boost I took apart back in Feb of 22. You can see mine was not quite lined up from factory.
perfect. thank you. i see the little scribe marks and the arrow now

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
new filters did nothing. pump still whining pretty loud.

has anybody actually seen/had a pump failure after it started whining? no dealers around me have one, but it looks to be available

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
My 24 whines when the ambient temperture is warm but quiet in the cold. This makes me think the warm fuel is letting the fuel sock collapse or a hose is collapsing when warm. The heat exchanger really warms up the fuel.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
My 24 whines when the ambient temperture is warm but quiet in the cold. This makes me think the warm fuel is letting the fuel sock collapse or a hose is collapsing when warm. The heat exchanger really warms up the fuel.
interesting. it was probably 45* plus the last 2 days of riding.
the pump was quite at first this morning and again when I unloaded when I got back home 🤷🏻‍♂️

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Glad my warranty is good for another entire season. Anyone else noticing their 22’ snowchecks have 4 year warranty now…🧐🤷🏻‍♂️IMG_3887.jpeg

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I’m afraid I’m heading into poor territory I have a 23 9R and a 24 boost. I won’t be snow checking this year. I am just now getting the 9R were I want it and the boost is mostly stock that’s next years project. I don’t think adding aftermarket parts on a year old sled will exempt me from poor status but you guys let me know. What about if I change my mind and buy a holdover or a back out? Would that exempt me from poor status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Does your wife ride your old junk?
My wife's sled is a 2018 600 XM that got to 54% break in on Saturday. She could careless. On the other hand Terry's wife's sled is nicer than most the broke people's on this forum. Difference between Terry and I is I have 2 sleds that are nicer than most people have on here. Terry on the other hand has only one nice sled but sometimes his wife let's him ride her nice sled too.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I’m afraid I’m heading into poor territory I have a 23 9R and a 24 boost. I won’t be snow checking this year. I am just now getting the 9R were I want it and the boost is mostly stock that’s next years project. I don’t think adding aftermarket parts on a year old sled will exempt me from poor status but you guys let me know. What about if I change my mind and buy a holdover or a back out? Would that exempt me from poor status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know why anyone would snowcheck this year with the price of holdover other than usually they get better if if they didn't change much. Polaris is suspect. Ill take over poor status. I ordered 3 858s. A 165, 154 and a 146. This way i have more info for Chadly since he wanted me to let him know how they run.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
anyone know the difference between the '23 and '24 boost pumps? different part numbers, '24 looks like it may have 2 fuel level floats...
i would assume/guess a '24 pump is more updated?? would a '24 pump work on a '23?
everything i am reading seems to indicate my pump is on its way out and will need to be replaced 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
anybody replace just the pump with aftermarket? looks like quantum fuel has one 🤷🏻‍♂️

Premium Features