• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Fuel Pump Issues Even After Recall

mizakmx95

Cole Mizak
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 30, 2018
Lake Tahoe
www.tahoeluxre.com
Has anyone had fuel pump issues even after the recall was fixed?

Was out riding today in 2-3ft of fresh snow, ran good all day until about 15% fuel and then the wine came back and it through a “low fuel pressure code”.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Did you fill your tank up when you got to town? If so how much did it take to fill it? The only reason I'm asking is the fuel gauge can easy get bent and off a little when they did the recalls. Might have about been out of fuel.

T

tigepoo

Oct 31, 2014
My 22 Boost and my other 22 850 N/A both have had the fuel pump fix and on a warm day in the low 50's both of them had the fuel pumps whine and they were around 75% full. Hoping its just a temp thing as the last pow day they were fine and no whine.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Interesting. Temperature always seemed to be a part of the issue for me last season. I am still waiting on my sled to go to the dealer for all the recalls, and to have the pump wine and low fuel pressure addressed,

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
My 22 Boost and my other 22 850 N/A both have had the fuel pump fix and on a warm day in the low 50's both of them had the fuel pumps whine and they were around 75% full. Hoping its just a temp thing as the last pow day they were fine and no whine.
I continue to wonder how much impact the short matryx heat exchangers (being immediately underneath the fuel tank) has on this situation.

Seems like a main vulnerability in warm operating conditions, where less cooling can happen and the fuel pump is less than an inch from the heat of the cooling system.

T
Sep 10, 2009
My 2022 non-boost also has a very bad whining fuel pump. Fuel filter socks have been updated. I have not got the low fuel pressure code yet.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
22 boost with the recall done, 20* outside and around half a tank, started whining again.....no low fuel pressure code.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
So are we back to discussing insulating the fuel cell, like they do on MX bikes that run highly oxygenated fuel? TRS?? Bueller???

cmizak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Going to fill it up and ride it again hopefully Friday to see if it goes away or not...

On the low fuel topic, about 4 of those 6 rides it's gotten down to "low fuel" and no whine or code.

Every day it's been out it's been in the very low 30s or below, hasn't been excessively hot.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
That's interesting. Pump has always been quiet as well? I've only ever gotten the code later in the day, when the sled is below half, and theoretically the fuel would be about as warm as it would get for the day. However, I've had issues many times even with 3-4 gallons still remaining in the tank. Sled would always be fine the following morning after the system sat overnight. Seems at lead somewhat temperature related on my sled.

T

tigepoo

Oct 31, 2014
I forgot to mention that on my boost I had already put heat shield in between the tunnel and the tank last year when it all started. It does seem like it was worse with warmer air temps and lower fuel level last year, before the sock update.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
So are we back to discussing insulating the fuel cell, like they do on MX bikes that run highly oxygenated fuel? TRS?? Bueller???

We have installed a heat barrier between tank and heat exchangers on our sleds.
They still whined. My sled still whined.
I don’t know if this is the fix, or if I should share???? I have over 400 miles on it now and haven’t had a whine all the way to an empty tank or on warm days.
I installed a small restriction in the return line before the jet pump. The jet pump now works as well. The filter is finally showing some color.
Problem is they won’t do the tank update because of the mod.
Reminds me of the 700 Dragon fiasco.

Last edited:

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Went up on my '23 Boost today. With plenty of fuel in the tank (between 25-50% left) I kept getting the "Low Fuel Pressure Power Limit" code. I noticed that it started happening more when the sled was pointed downhill. I'd shut off the sled and then start it back up and it would run fine. We hit the road back to the truck and when we were going down in elevation i'm guessing the nose of the sled was down enough that it kept kicking the same code and then wouldn't come out of it. Once in the parking lot and on level ground, I started it back up and the code was gone and it ran fine. I also got a "Knock Sensor (Mag side)" code a couple of times today. The sled is stock. I'm wondering if the Knock sensor might be related to potentially not getting enough fuel because I only had that code in conjuction with a Low Fuel Pressure code???

Dealer told me all the recalls where done at the factory before they shipped the sled. Seems like the "Hose Install Issue" that was mentioned above but has anyone else had this same issue on a 2023 or on an Update 2022 with a new fuel pump/fuel sock and come to a conclusion on it?

Last edited:
Premium Features