• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost exhaust removal for light weight can.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have a stupid question... So the pipe between the wastegate just gets slid back on with the no gasket just the clamp cranked down? ? kind of hokey for $800.
Gasket and sleeve is slid off your muffler and slid over diamond s and clamped together with bypass piece if that makes sense. I just held sliding sleeve just below gasket and used a flat screwdriver to gently pry to get gasket off. Mine was kindof stuck.

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Gasket and sleeve is slid off your muffler and slid over diamond s and clamped together with bypass piece if that makes sense. I just held sliding sleeve just below gasket and used a flat screwdriver to gently pry to get gasket off. Mine was kindof stuck.
I'm following you. That gasket looked like it was pressed on. I just tapped mine off with a mallet.

16471997943027024778142427808305.jpg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I was a little worried i was going to break it but once it loosened it just pulled off. The fun for me was getting that clamp squeezed back enough to get nut back on. Wish it was like theone on turbo

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I was a little worried i was going to break it but once it loosened it just pulled off. The fun for me was getting that clamp squeezed back enough to get nut back on. Wish it was like theone on turbo
Yeah I used a big set of channel locks to squeeze it together and still have room to start the nut. The spring on the backside of the can was a bitch. I really could have used Rustydave's muscle and expertise on that one ? I think its all installed. Thanks for the help! Should be ready to go for next season!

16472004279617317828249233257858.jpg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Yeah I used a big set of channel locks to squeeze it together and still have room to start the nut. The spring on the backside of the can was a bitch. I really could have used Rustydave's muscle and expertise on that one ? I think its all installed. Thanks for the help! Should be ready to go for next season!
You are stretching the heck out of that spring. Hope it doesn't break or there goes belt. Are you done? Not sure if I'm done or not. Whopping 500 miles.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You are stretching the heck out of that spring. Hope it doesn't break or there goes belt. Are you done? Not sure if I'm done or not. Whopping 500 miles.
Forecast doesn't look favorable here. A turbo 165 it's not that fun to ride in spring snow and being that I didn't take the 155 I ordered, I don't have a spring sled to ride. My wife's sled is a Ski Doo 600 154 2.5". It's not nearly as cool as your wife's. ?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You are screwing up. You get your wife what you want to ride
I have always run 2 sleds. The wife's is the 3rd. I made the mistake of selling my 22 155 before the 155 Matryx showed up because the guy was hounding me to pick it up. Will never ever do that again. I will only sell one of my sleds when I have 3 in the shop. Had my boost went down I probably would have bee. The jack ass who bought someone's Khaos Boost for $25 k. This season was horrible anyway though. Probably the worst I can remember since I started riding in 2013.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Can someone with a diamond-s can show some pictures where the can goes through the belly pan?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Looks like a big gap from can to belly pan exit. Seams like alot of snow will get in there

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I know the stock is like that also, just looked like more of a gap then stock in the picture

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
Just got finished installing my diamond S . Threw a vid up on the Polaris boost Fb page as well. When you guys go to install your cans take the two screws out of the black support . Let it drop . Stock can comes right out and new one back in . Makes it a lot faster than fighting the turbo .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I guess i never fought turbo. Pulled 4 springs and took hose clamp off. Plenty of wiggle and muffler comes right out. Did take darts out of intake that you wouldn't have to but it's easy and then lays out of way. Did second boost in half the time.

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
I guess i never fought turbo. Pulled 4 springs and took hose clamp off. Plenty of wiggle and muffler comes right out. Did take darts out of intake that you wouldn't have to but it's easy and then lays out of way. Did second boost in half the time.

Cool . Been seeing a few people struggling figured it would help them out a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features