• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Bog

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
When the vents plug on the Boost the new valve in the intake whistles loudly. It’s not big enough.
The Boost needs a redesigned intake.
Polaris needs to redesign the deep powder valve for sure. My arm gets so tired of wiping off the intakes all day long when its deep. While the Gen5 Doo's I was with ran perfect!! Come on Polaris you can Doo better.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The doo turbo intake is amazing. You’d think the flat intakes on top of the hood would easily get covered and bog, they don’t, even in the deepest snow. The air box valve in the doo and Polaris look very similar, in design and size. Maybe one opens more than the other or has different stiffness springs holding them shut before opening. The snorkel intake may be the answer.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
The doo turbo intake is amazing. You’d think the flat intakes on top of the hood would easily get covered and bog, they don’t, even in the deepest snow. The air box valve in the doo and Polaris look very similar, in design and size. Maybe one opens more than the other or has different stiffness springs holding them shut before opening. The snorkel intake may be the answer.
any difference in exhaust exit?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
The doo intake has some back pressure when you let off the throttle, blowing them clean the way it looks...

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
any difference in exhaust exit?
No diference. Rod my 22' boost in deep over the hood snow yesterday (well tried to anyway). Deepest snow in a while. Sled was pretty much unridable the intake bog is so bad. Got tied of cleaning the snow off the intakes and took it back to the trailer and rode the 100% stock G5 turbo the rest of the day and all day today. The doo never bogs ever, even with the hood completely piled with snow (pic below). Really has me considering canceling my 24' boost snow check and getting another G5 turbo.

IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0024.JPG

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
No diference. Rod my 22' boost in deep over the hood snow yesterday (well tried to anyway). Deepest snow in a while. Sled was pretty much unridable the intake bog is so bad. Got tied of cleaning the snow off the intakes and took it back to the trailer and rode the 100% stock G5 turbo the rest of the day and all day today. The doo never bogs ever, even with the hood completely piled with snow (pic below). Really has me considering canceling my 24' boost snow check and getting another G5 turbo.
I had the same experience as you. I always jump back and forth between Polaris and Ski Doo. I was going to snow check a Boost this year, but the powder bog is a deal breaker for me.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Surprised aftermarket has come up with a fix yet. on my 22' boost I did a frogskin in the back of airbox under the hood. It bogs less than my 23 with factory airbox.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Surprised aftermarket has come up with a fix yet. on my 22' boost I did a frogskin in the back of airbox under the hood. It bogs less than my 23 with factory airbox.
How did you attach the frogskinz?

Glue?

I stuck a small one to the fuzzy as a test but it seemed loose.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009

Agreed, one on the front on the air box and one on the back.. works great, now it’s just exhaust bog on hard RH turns in deep snow when the skis aren’t up… haven’t tried modifying the exhaust deflector yet but that’s next.
537b30c3f4e7437a261b4a3213d8bdd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Oct 16, 2017
Finally got on a boost yesterday. Deep conditions. Felt like a 600 on the low end prior to turbo kicking in. Nothing there. Boggy. Boost kicked in hard which was cool but the lack of a low end I did not care for. Was happier on my 850.

The Lynx turbo I rode this year was very different. Felt like an 850 on the bottom end with a turbo top end. Wish Polaris was the same but from personal experience and this thread I can see that it’s not

B
Jan 30, 2010
Northern BC
Finally got on a boost yesterday. Deep conditions. Felt like a 600 on the low end prior to turbo kicking in. Nothing there. Boggy. Boost kicked in hard which was cool but the lack of a low end I did not care for. Was happier on my 850.

The Lynx turbo I rode this year was very different. Felt like an 850 on the bottom end with a turbo top end. Wish Polaris was the same but from personal experience and this thread I can see that it’s not
This is it exactly. Disappointing for sure.

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
4172dd928d0da3c25671be860a709532.jpg

Got all the way to reeds - was hoping to find a throttle body boot cracked or something - Found nothing wrong

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Major issues yesterday. I have stock 22 airbox with venting added to the front right above where the felt part ties in. Ended up disconnecting felt part to let more air in. Helped some but sucking primarily hot air isn't ideal for performance.

Collapsing intake tube. Exhaust bogs. Generally lazy and poor running. The NA sleds outran me most of the day as they just get low on rpm instead of complete loss of power. The snow was crazy low density so it flowed nicely and didn't freeze to things.

Definitely very frustrating when I don't wanna ride my boost because its too deep?

20230325_122807.jpg

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
fire n ice big air intake work? Anyone tried them?

and that looks like the best snow ever - wheelhouse motor sports. Holy crap deep and fluffy!

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
fire n ice big air intake work? Anyone tried them?

and that looks like the best snow ever - wheelhouse motor sports. Holy crap deep and fluffy!
Fire & Ice has two matryx vents. One is like the ibexx vent, covers the original stock vent, which hadn’t seemed to be much help. The other goes under the hood. Jared Sessions left a review of the under the hood vent. The slp vent I put in mine pretty much did nothing to reduce the bog. Put one in like the fire & Ice (pic below), but haven’t been out yet. Jared does make an interesting point I’ve always thought of but never tested, drawing in warm under hood air a problem in a turbo? While probably not 100% ideal, the intake air is heated as it goes through the turbo anyway as it’s compressed and from heat from the exhaust. I’ve wanted to monitor my intake temps like Jared did with outside air vs under hood air to verify if there is much difference.

8BE4EC9B-18AB-40FF-A0BC-F65807E7C143.png C04C3284-7114-4462-9C4F-E1CC45278AEB.png

Last edited:

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
1679955793524.jpeg
23 boost with silicone intake tube, tunnel dump exhaust, VOHK tune, and a few frog skinz. Not bog at all in snow like this all day and I do not even bother wiping away the intake vents anymore just seems to work. Now my stock 22 on the other hand was unrideable stock in snow like this but seems I have it figured out now on the 23. I would be surprised if this set up didn't work for others.

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
View attachment 402832
23 boost with silicone intake tube, tunnel dump exhaust, VOHK tune, and a few frog skinz. Not bog at all in snow like this all day and I do not even bother wiping away the intake vents anymore just seems to work. Now my stock 22 on the other hand was unrideable stock in snow like this but seems I have it figured out now on the 23. I would be surprised if this set up didn't work for others.

Is it a race gas tune? I just want to get mine to actually run first

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
These look like a good option

Premium Features