• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Bog

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The airbox in the 23 has a little relief valve that can steal hot air from the engine compartment if the screens come clogged with snow. I rode my 22 in 3' of fresh today and the exhaust bog was pretty bad anytime I went to U turn around to the right back up the hill. Almost got me stuck a couple times. Today was the first time I ever had a problem but it was silly deep. The bog caused from the screen being covered is a workable bog. It's just like really bad lag. Riding with Doos today it really made the crappy bottom end of the Polaris Boost stick out. I wish Polaris could somehow clean up the bottom end. You guys who don't think there is a problem are kidding yourselves. And for guys like Rusty who think you can "clutch" around it, it just kills the top end. I wish I was a crappy rider like you guys so I could live in your dream world of the Boost being such a magnificent sled.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I had a bit of a bog/hesitation the other day. Took the sled to the shop yesterday for an exhaust valve relearn…..mechanic tried a bunch of times to do the relearn but it wouldn’t work. Waiting to hear if Polaris is replacing the cable
Wouldn’t work because of low voltage or broken cable?
You can do a relearn with digital wrench and the engine running if it’s a voltage problem.
Or use EzLynk. A great tool to have for this simple reason.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The airbox in the 23 has a little relief valve that can steal hot air from the engine compartment if the screens come clogged with snow. I rode my 22 in 3' of fresh today and the exhaust bog was pretty bad anytime I went to U turn around to the right back up the hill. Almost got me stuck a couple times. Today was the first time I ever had a problem but it was silly deep. The bog caused from the screen being covered is a workable bog. It's just like really bad lag. Riding with Doos today it really made the crappy bottom end of the Polaris Boost stick out. I wish Polaris could somehow clean up the bottom end. You guys who don't think there is a problem are kidding yourselves. And for guys like Rusty who think you can "clutch" around it, it just kills the top end. I wish I was a crappy rider like you guys so I could live in your dream world of the Boost being such a magnificent sled.
That’s cuz your primary spring was broken silly goose.

J
Nov 25, 2019
Sorry, I should have worded that better…..I believe he meant that they tried to relearn the exhaust valves but the ev code/engine light wouldn’t go away.
Ev cable was replaced and the mechanic said all codes/engine light have disappeared. Now they are trying to figure out why the 7s screen keeps turning off after 3-4hrs.

J
Dec 14, 2010
The rubber hose/boot between the air box and the turbo collapses. They used a rubber that is too thin. Mine used to bog until I inserted a ring inside the rubber boot to prevent it from collapsing. Hasn't bogged again. You can also buy a stiffer aftermarket boot:

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Well update - still bogging !
Anyone cure a ‘22 bog by purchasing a ‘23 air box ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need more context here. Is that it super deep? Are you in a right hand sidehill? Codes? How do plugs look? I bog when the snow is piled up to the handlebars even with f&i vent.

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Need more context here. Is that it super deep? Are you in a right hand sidehill? Codes? How do plugs look? I bog when the snow is piled up to the handlebars even with f&i vent.

All different types of snow - has been deep last few rides out but ridden with 23’s that aren’t bogging -
not specific to right hand side hills
Have changed plugs, they didn’t look too bad
No codes

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I was going to get the 23’ air box, but had one of these slp vents already so I thought I’d try first. Similar principle, higher intake vacuum opens it. Dont think it flows as much air though as the Polaris valve.

87ACB4F5-0651-4BC2-AC13-0870DBE70D0A.png

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
This was from the Dealer Show. Anybody if this is new and/or if standard on 24 Boost?

1679336498031.png

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Why did you do that ?

Polaris sucks and sent me the old style when I crushed the one on my 9Ramd I didn't want to wait for the updated one. It runs fine. Never had a bog problem on the 9R but I also don't ride my 9R when it's handlebar deep.

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
When the vents plug on the Boost the new valve in the intake whistles loudly. It’s not big enough.
The Boost needs a redesigned intake.

Very frustrating- love boost when it runs but has me thinking 9R or ski-doo
What’s the point of making “deep snow” sleds if you can’t ride em in the deep snow ?

Premium Features