• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10.25” gauge survey

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I had a survey from BRP, and it was all about the 10.25” gauge. I don’t know it was just sent to the gauge owners, but I feel it was, how some of the questions were worded.

If you get the survey, I encourage you to look for it, and take the time to complete it. BRP is asking. I mentioned the embedded maps, and Gps, would like to see buddy tracking etc, along with other issues people have with the gauge, like the blank screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Nice, Hopefully they will listen. Im not a fan of the gauge being reliant on phone. I gave a low score on the would you recommend the gauge to some else, nope definitely not at the current price point considering what the competition brings to the market.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Would have been smarter of Doo to doo a survey before they released the gauge and actually given riders what they want. Hopefully, Doo corrects their mistake.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
the gauge has no gps and no radio for buddy tracking so ideally these features will be in the next iteration of the large gauge. i'm with roadking on this one, they shoulda sent the survey our prior but in reality they didn't need a survey because the above features are by far what people want.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Trail riders do not give a chit about the things that matter to mountain riders. Unfortunately trail trumps mountain because of sales. How many actually use their mountain sled for strictly mountain use? On this site? Probably lots, on dootalk probably the latter, the mods over there still think the G5 and the G4 are the same chassis, so no dedicated G5 forum. Lol

D
Dec 22, 2018
There will probably be add on coming for large gauge that has gps unit built in. They released it accidentally at the same time they released 2024 line up but then draw it back. But for sure its coming at some point.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
There will probably be add on coming for large gauge that has gps unit built in. They released it accidentally at the same time they released 2024 line up but then draw it back. But for sure its coming at some point.

I don’t believe that will be this year. I could be wrong, but it would be a little late in the season for dealers to get a order in for modules for the 2023 and 24 sleds if they didn’t come from the factory with them.

I am sure big gauge sled sales are lower than last year. It was at my dealer anyway, so if nothing major happens, I doubt there will be many riders considering getting a big gauge sled for 2025.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
that is my expectation..
with any luck they are busy CODING for added features right now.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
or the current gauges still get updates to make them more functional but don’t ever get a gps/radio retrofit unit. those capabilities will be in the next iteration of the gauge. I can see that being a more cost effective way but a bad deal for the current early adopters.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
or the current gauges still get updates to make them more functional but don’t ever get a gps/radio retrofit unit. those capabilities will be in the next iteration of the gauge. I can see that being a more cost effective way but a bad deal for the current early adopters.

We will see. There is extra plug ins under the gauge cluster that some dont know about. There is also one by the battery if I remember right.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I had a survey from BRP, and it was all about the 10.25” gauge. I don’t know it was just sent to the gauge owners, but I feel it was, how some of the questions were worded.

If you get the survey, I encourage you to look for it, and take the time to complete it. BRP is asking. I mentioned the embedded maps, and Gps, would like to see buddy tracking etc, along with other issues people have with the gauge, like the blank screen.

I just did it to see what it's about. They won't like my answers. Told them i want what everyone wants. Buddy tracking like polaris. Overpriced otherwise.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Definitely overpriced for what it is. Does everyone carry a phone yah, but in order for the gauge to be useful its over 2g with a phone attached to it to get the navigation to work.

I do like the navigation now that I know how it works, but it was a pain to figure out and is unreliable if the phone does not pair back up on a engine start, swipe the snow off the gauge and it not paired, screws up the tracking with one giant straight line. Lol

The only reason why I got it the big gauge was because of doo saying the the sled was coming with the calculator gauge instead of the two button, who wants to go back 6 years in tech on a new sled, but doo fooled us all.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
We will see. There is extra plug ins under the gauge cluster that some dont know about. There is also one by the battery if I remember right.

that's interesting and hopefully it's for an add-on. you'd think that brp would have made it known during snowcheck that a gps and a radio would be available down the line to reassure buyers (if that's the plan) since they had to have known there were going to be many dissatisfied customers although it was no secret that the gauge was lacking major features. having to tether a phone for example is the definition of a step backwards.

E
Dec 19, 2007
Got the survey and completed it. I don't have the gauge but have used one from time to time and the BRP Go app. Put in suggestions for better maps and other map options (avi forecasts, slope angles, forestry maps, land use maps, etc.....), making it a stand alone thing with it's own gps, onboard memory so you don't have to have the phone attached once maps are uploaded, plus a laundry list of other things. It's a pretty poor attempt at a multi-use display and interface.

Premium Features