• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Letter from Ski-Doo about MISSING functionality in 10.25" Screen

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Maybe Doo decided to let their clutches and belts continue to run hot so they would be smoke signals we can use for buddy tracking instead of modifying the big gauge?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Maybe Doo decided to let their clutches and belts continue to run hot so they would be smoke signals we can use for buddy tracking instead of modifying the big gauge?
I think they have the belt thing under control. They took enough steps to address it. Clutching, motor mounts, fancy cover with finned secondary, and temperature sensor. Sure it would have been nice if they could have the clutches so efficient that they didn't get hot in the first place but we might be getting to the point of max efficiency for a CVT clutch, for that much power.

So getting back to the gauge, I think it should be angled up so less snow would sit on it. Does anyone agree or would it get damaged easier?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
yeah the belt thing has been figured out for awhile now.
i think you'd have to angle the gauge up quite a bit to really make a difference and probably won't matter with heavier snow. i like the look of the polaris mountain sleds with the exception of the large, vertical pod housing the gauges so i'd vote for the doo dash to remain as is.

Premium Features