• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skipping noise and vibration

N
Jan 4, 2010
I got a 09 m8 with 450 miles on it. I took it out the other day in deep snow and it ran great, I took it out two days later in a different area ( not quit as much snow) and every now and then I would be on the throttle and would get this ratcheting feeling seemed like the track. I checked a couple times when it happened and I had dug down the ground, but there was once at the end of the day when it did it and I don't think I hit ground. I was curious if anyone had this problem also, I have an 02 800 that I have had for awhile maybe I am just over thinking it being a new sled. The track may be a little loose but not enough to cause that I don't think, thanks for any reply.

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Yup, it sounds like your track was ratcheting. I had that happen with extroverts on my RX-1 too. No one believed me until they heard it and saw the tips of my drivers.

Did you perhaps forget to tighten your rear axle nut after adjusting the track tension?

Premium Features