• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 lineup!!!!!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
yup. looks like a gimmick to me.

i'm just gonna say it outright....the XP rides fine if you know how to ride. If you don't, maybe learn. Or buy a Polaris 800 with 130hp, thats also an option.

I would have liked to see less weight and more power. maybe thats coming too.

last time i checked, the skis were the widest part of the sled. might have made sense to narrow it some more than make a skid that tilted.

hopefully this rear skid doesnt turn into a science project but it sure looks like it.

I dont get a full year out of doo's chinsy plastic front and rear suspension bushing as it is now, i'm sure that will get worse with a suspension that now pivots in 2 dimensions. Imagine when it gets sacked out!
I was hoping to see the footwells pulled back and useful for leveraging again which greatly enhances the balance, and loose the 50 lbs it gained over the past 4 years,Did they get a belt drive to replace the problematic long chaincase?and then i would be impressed, I just dont need a sled with footwells designed for sitting and for the trail. the gimmick skid changes are a joke JMO.I really expected more

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
So far so good, but I will wait and see what is coming. Hope to see some constructive reviews from the lucky ones that ride them early.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I love the comments about a totally new suspension that no one really knows much about. Just see a pic and dismiss it as a gimmick. There is an open mind. I know just as little as anyone else but I like the idea of the track flexing like that. Seems like it would give you a bigger sweet spot for balance. Also more real traction when sidehilling or turning uphill u turns etc. More track in the snow and less in the air. The nose seems shorter. The shocks look like crap. Running boards look very open but I would love to have seen tubular on the 2013. Those air intakes look like cooling ducts, maybe with fans in them to suck in air for cooling but keep the snow out of the entire engine bay. I like the head on view. Looks like a pissed off hornet. Factory 2 stroke turbo would be amazing. Weight under 425 would be amazing. Coil over or air rear skid would be amazing. I am amazed!

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Progression

REV to XP lost 50 lbs - BIG step. XP to whatever has to lose 25 lbs + or: No leap forward has been made. With emissions motors adding $3K to the price we are at the point of: What will you really pay $15,000 USD for? How much can the market take? Get real! $15,000 and over takes an XP with 200HP+ to get sales of 10,000 units.

Now if you are presenting 400 (Dry) lbs and 160 HP: We have something to discuss - Maybe spend some money! I appreciate the current moves but they are just a little too incremental and do not represent a quantum leap forward.

This and 5 bucks still gets you a cup of Coffee at Starbucks!

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I am the only one that thinks that having tippy parts when you are getting to and from the play spots could be an issue? I know these aren't trail sleds, but man, I feel like a suspension flexed at 4deg and slammed into a huge mogul/jump landing is more likely to break/wear unevenly. Here's to hoping that is NOT true...

I call not 'it' on a first year trial of this set-up....

The first thing I thought when I saw that was, boy that's one hell of a stress and wear point. I wonder how many rough tail landings its going to take. Also if its even replaceable or you have to replace the component as a whole.

Interesting idea, just not sure how its going to work long term in varying conditions.

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
So no updates at all for the Freeride???? Interesting.....

On the whole rear suspension thing... I am sure BRP has tested long term durability, but like you guys are saying, that sure seems like it would be a weak link.

Also, I wonder if the ease with which it goes through its motion is adjustable, or if you could somehow turn it on and off?? On the trails on the way in I wouldn't want the extra roll.

I like where DOO is headed with this new sled., but I don't know enough yet. Nothing official has been released on the drive system, motor options or weight and those are my main concerns.

Joe

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
im thinking when wfo the top idler wheels and track will keep the suspension flat

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
who posted that video on youtube? it says its private an i cant view it

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
yup. looks like a gimmick to me.

i'm just gonna say it outright....the XP rides fine if you know how to ride. If you don't, maybe learn. Or buy a Polaris 800 with 130hp, thats also an option.

I would have liked to see less weight and more power. maybe thats coming too.

last time i checked, the skis were the widest part of the sled. might have made sense to narrow it some more than make a skid that tilted.

hopefully this rear skid doesnt turn into a science project but it sure looks like it.

I dont get a full year out of doo's chinsy plastic front and rear suspension bushing as it is now, i'm sure that will get worse with a suspension that now pivots in 2 dimensions. Imagine when it gets sacked out!

WOW !! I can't believe you posted that, port. I know how to ride, but don't like the XP, so I ride a Pro (even though I love the etec). Where, in your blind loyal opinion, do you come up with a 130 hp rating on the Poo ? If you're gonna bash, at least try to keep it realistic. I have to ask, how much narrower does Doo have to make the ski stance before it handles like a Pro ?

Last edited:

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
OK, I'm hooked! The poo boy's are not going to like this!!!!:face-icon-small-hap I hope they dont take this off face book so everyone can see it. I waited out for the 13 and it looks like I made the right choice. Nice to see Doo back in yellow

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
IMO,I don't think a gimmick in the rear suspension is going to cure the inadequate handling of the XP. A more centralized riding position along with the driven clutch being placed lower in the chassis would raise the bar for aggressive/technical mountain riding.

Premium Features