• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M1000 Le 162

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Better/more flotation on the 1000 is a +.
Since you want to keep it primarily stock.

Skis (optional)
Knee pads
Side vents
1 or 2 flowrites in front of clutch
Ice scratchers/remove unecessary bogies

That would be a bare minimum start.
I would consider a can mainly for weight loss, although it only makes the left side even heavier than the right.

M
Nov 27, 2007
I would suggest that the clutching should be done first unless A/C made changes there is a big gain to be had [10-15 mph of track speed]. Then weight would be next on my list can and intake [approx 20 lbs]. You should have a pull and go sled and a big smile!!!!!!!!!

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
i feel there is no need to get new skis i ride a 08 tm8 and the skis are fine....friends of ours do rentals and some people had an m6 rented and tagged a rock in the early season and the ski bent all the way back but didnt break...these are the only skis i have herd af that can do this without breaking.

Ive had my slydogs bend completely on top of themselves a couple times. They come right back and DEFINETELY float better than the stockers. I agree, however, that the stockers arent too shabby, but tend to push and sink a bit more for sure. Good skis for personal preference are a very worthwhile upgrade in my opinion. Good luck.

Kid Rock

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Steamboat Lake, CO
stock skis arent bad...

this really is personal preference, i ran the gen IIs for a while and hated them, tried the parabolics and then went back to stock again on the m series.

If you put an aftermarket air set up on, can and single pipe, you will shed about 30 pounds and notice a big difference in the handling ability of the sled. The 09's are 22 pounds lighter than the 07's so there is a huge swing in weight here.

once you start to mod, you won't ride stock anymore. big difference. Look for the best bang for your dollar and weight savings to horsepower increase. More power less weight, more power, less weight...

W
Jan 2, 2008
i feel there is no need to get new skis i ride a 08 tm8 and the skis are fine....friends of ours do rentals and some people had an m6 rented and tagged a rock in the early season and the ski bent all the way back but didnt break...these are the only skis i have herd af that can do this without breaking.

Ya I did that to my stock M8 skis too, bent one back so far they almost dented my hood lol

broke the bolt on the bottom of the ski loop, but the ski was fine!

I just drop my skag down almost 1/8 inch to help keep from pushing in the corners
I also installed sno pro ski springs, seems to help with darting...also make sure to adjust proper toe out.

They arn't too bad now, cheap fixes.

Last edited:

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
sorry for the crappy pics. If you want to send me your E-mail address and i will get better pics and send them to you, The sleds are in the garage. and its hard to get at them.

DSCF1631.JPG DSCF1632.JPG DSCF1633.JPG

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
free stuff...port the track (if challenger), lose extra bogies lose 1/2 the clips

Cost stuff....
1. Boss Seat
2. SLP PP's....wife bent hers back at a 90 as well and we put in tub of hot water then replace carbide...good as new....additionally better turning and sidehilling
3. BD Black Box...best cold air out
4. frog skinz wherever you can up high (cooling) and at back edge of side panels
5. HPS can better powerband
6. Billet front end bushing set
7. clutching and adjustable weights (Cutler)
8. Side vents such as Too Cool
8. Big electric winch up front and an Easy Button...JK :D

Premium Features