• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR 600 Rear Suspension

Z
Dec 26, 2022
Minnesota
Hey everyone,

I just bought a 2016 IQR 600 a week ago, and I’m looking for more insight from you guys as this isn’t the type of sled I’m used to.

The main question I have relates to the rear suspension. When I first got the sled, it was stiff as all hell. I could only move it a couple inches by putting all my weight on the rear bumper. I rode it lightly today and when I put it on the dolly the rear suspension is way different. I can’t bottom it out with just my body weight and it comes back, but it is just much looser than before.

Might I add I’m 140 pounds and bought it from a guy that was a good 100lbs more. Right now it feels like a late 90’s sled’s rear suspension but it’s just very different from a week ago when I bought it.

Let me know what you guys think and/or help me set it up. I ride primarily ditches, small jumps occasionally. It has water evans racing shocks in the front and the rear suspension is all stock from what I know.

Fast Rider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
That’s a typical issue when a Polaris rear skid is on a dolly or some type of object is beneath the rear half of the skid - the front track shock is not engaging. When the sled is on flat ground and the front of the rails begins to touch the ground, it will stiffen up. If you’re looking to soften it up, ensure to the torsion springs are set to the softest setting and consider revaluing the rear shocks. It’s a race sled..

Premium Features