• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Test - MCX 180

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Its not very often a man can say he's made two good choices in a row, but I now may be that postion, as the 180 kit was also a great choice! In the words of my Newfie friend who rode it today as well, "Sweet Jesus!!". The turbo exceeded any expectations I may have had with respect to the supposed "low"power it put out. This sled now, absolutely rocks! We did a tour with some folks from Alberta and inbetween showing them different spots at Blue Lake (awesome weather and conditiions!), I chose appropriate hills that no one else went up and ripped up the snow! The power band is right on, you can either cruise up a hill at 7000 rpm or max it out and lift the skis up in the air. My Yammy buddy has an RT 1000 that is semi tweeked and is putting out 185 HP. He said there is absolutely no comparison between the sleds, the turbo simply outperforms anything else in its HP class. So, for you who don't need that 260HP to float your boat, this 180 kit rules!! Thanks to Sly and Sledit for their help on the install. Your gonna like it Sledit!! Sherm

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
My buddy will be getting hold of you very soon, it would appear he needs a kit now as well! That clutching worked great, is it supposed to go up to 9300? I'll send you some mail when your done playing and back at the shop, thanks Sly..............Sherm

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
No, 9300 is not where you should be. You should shoot for 86 to 8900 max rpm.

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
Great to hear Sherm. When something is up to standard fit and finish and then performs to match. This is what we were all waiting to hear can't wait to get on the snow.:beer;:beer; First ride out checking things, but did you happen to look at the speedo on a climb, I know as long as i'm high enough on the hill to fill my shorts that speed dosen't matter but curious. I believe you went with the 8BU-00 weights were they full of the 17.2 steel rivets. I just can't get enough of this shat.

Last edited:

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
I thought the rev limiter was supposed to look after that over revving thing, no?
I'll have to find the packaging for the weights Sledit, Sly gave me the setup stuff so just tossed them in, definitley solved the under revving problem. Ya, the fit and finish of the product was pretty damned good, everything went where it was supposed to, although the instruction booklet could have been a little more detailed! I'm happier than a pig in ka ka with this sled now, unbelievable what she can do. I rode an Alpine turbo this past season with 240-260HP and for this newbie to turbos, the 180 is going to do more than I'll ever need it for. I may have to add some weight to the front though, she sure lifts that front end up sky high when your pulling a hill and go over a bit of a rise!! Sherm

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
I will have to call in sick more often but thats OK, I've "trained" Bruce on the Cat so he can take up the slack! Ya, great sled now, I'm not sure if its that bottom end torque that makes it feel like more HP or what, I'm not that experienced with turbos. You'll have to make a trip out and you can give it a test ride! Sherm

T

theflamanguy

Dec 29, 2007
Martensville
Sounds FNA Sherm, now i'm gonna be dreaming of sugar snow and Turbo's instead of plums:D! LOL. Our kits havent showed yet but should be soon....BTW I heard a rumor that the 180's were sold out for the year:eek:? Anyone else confirm this:confused:???

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
Sounds FNA Sherm, now i'm gonna be dreaming of sugar snow and Turbo's instead of plums:D! LOL. Our kits havent showed yet but should be soon....BTW I heard a rumor that the 180's were sold out for the year:eek:? Anyone else confirm this:confused:???

I heard they over sold by three units and that all will get there turbo's but the "Three Amigo's"

R
Nov 27, 2009
kinuso
sound good

hey thanks for the report sherm
its sounds like a pretty sweet setup
cant wait to get it on my xtx and slay some stock summits (hopefully)
how is it on the bottom end, is still very responsive (as good as stock or close?)either way i guess i cant wait to get that thing and install it and tear up some untouched snow:D

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
The bottom end is what is was stock, times 10! I can only assume it goes so well because of keeping the stock compression and torque. I broke down and bought a boost gauge for it today and did a "bench test" in the garage, it only read 5 psi! I won't be able to tell for sure what its running at until I get out in the snow but if thats the power it has at 5 psi, wow! You won't have an XP or Dragon to worry about, they can watch you from the bottom of the hill! Sherm

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
You can give Sly a call at Slave Lake Yamaha, he might be getting some in, after he saves one for my buddy of course! That or Prince George Yamaha are the main distributors for MCX stuff.................Sherm

Premium Features