• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Ski0Doo: Can it get any better????????

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
Side panel was the worst when I saw them. Hope they get it figured out time for production!
I got to see the 2023s in person yesterday at their local show. They are noticeably less ugly than the pictures and social media would suggest.

A couple observations:

1. Boards are very narrow. You can tell the clutch side is narrower. If you wear snowboard boots, this may be an issue for you on the left side.
2. The side panel mounting system needs work.
3. I have concerns about the clutch side panel removal when the sled is out in the wild and covered in ice/snow. Hopefully unfounded.
4. The sound deadening around the muffler seems like it was an afterthought.
5. New gauge sure LOOKS fancy, I'm still unclear on it's usefulness in the mountains. I wasn't able to try out the nav without pairing it to my phone.
6. Expert had the two button gauge.

The sleds I saw were prototypes and although I couldn't see how many miles were on them, the side panel mechanisms were noticeably beat up and difficult to operate. A couple broken straps and one even had screws holding it on the sled so that it didn't pop out. on the top side.

We'll see what it all looks like when they hit the floors in the fall.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
If they come out with a purpose built I'll finally upgrade otherwise I'm looking at freight sleds other than that they do look nice.
Someones got to push the envelope.
View attachment 386627
Come on man!! Show us pictures of the front!! How in the world are you working out that suspension there? We gotta see this. That looks rad!!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Some of the Hawk boys state side did it , they had a little mechanical difficulty last time I heard, haven't talked to them in a couple of years. Good group of guys , can do attitude , just a different part of the world to be able to ride with other one skis of that ilk.

There just isn't a substitute for a turn key one ski yet.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
What would be the advantage of that one ski setup?

It puts a lot of weight on just one ski. Also, the advantage of being so narrow seems minimal since unlike a snow-bike, the sled chassis behind the ski isn’t that narrow.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
looks like it would be fun in a open spaces but a chore in and around obstacles.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
There's a learning curve , think super bike. dirt bike stand up jet ski. There is a lot less drag with one ski , you steer with the foot pegs and throttle. That is the secret, something a lot of dirt bikers together don't do. There is no suspension to drag , it's forks behind the ski instead of a suspension alongside dragging.
The snow bike/Hawk conversation is an ugly conversation to get into , that's why those guys above no longer participate here , they where constantly being bashed for thier tanks.

The other week we were riding , two Hawks and a couple of sleds , condition was mashed potato. The sleds that day complained about the conditions . Couldn't carve and if by accident the ski would dive and they'd have to power threw it to gt back up on two . Thier day sucked , one skis didn't bother , nothing to drag but crappy conditions until later in the day or early than the sleds come back out , we just refuel :) Flat light is also a problem for sleds , never know when the left or right ski is gonna slap you , with one ski it just walks the terrain instead of weeble wobbling. The casual pace of a Hawk in good conditions is much faster than sleds so when I'm clipping threw trees I usually wait once threw. In the open some sledders love it because they have no choice but to pick up the pace, lots of laughs and memories they get.

If you can ever ride with one that knows how to ride these machines you'll know what's the difference. It takes a commitment or one lucky talented SOB. Been lots of dirt bike guys that have road mine. One of two comments it's heavy or that things got a power.

I would think that the EXO kit would be a new learning curve on an Alpha but I bet once it's figured out that thing would be a riot with a one ski but is not offered as an option.

The G4 got ride of the counter steer so why not take it to a one ski , it's so close . A short track for ditch banging and a long track for the powder guys and gals.image.jpg

Nothing dragging but me :)

Premium Features