• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What"s this the hose thats come's off from the silanoide

R
Dec 17, 2006
there is like black oil and hot air or steam that comes out the hose ,that come's from the silanoide that runs the VES valves. it put's that black oil all over in the bottom of motor.belly pan. would it be ok to drill a hole ,run a longer hose down out the bottom and run hose there? this really makes a mess. hope you know what I'm mean. thanks is it suppose to do that? is on a 900 polaris.

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
That's the VES pop-off solenoid and it's supposed to do that. You can run a longer hose if you want to, or you can disconnect the whole dumb thing and put pink VES springs in the cap.

R
Dec 17, 2006
That's the VES pop-off solenoid and it's supposed to do that. You can run a longer hose if you want to, or you can disconnect the whole dumb thing and put pink VES springs in the cap.
Ya that is a dumb idea ,for that to put all that junk in the bottom of sled? running the pink springs, do I, unhook all those other hoses, that go to the ves caps too? thanks

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I'm missing something. Pink VES springs ? That changes the back pressure required to open the valves so they open sooner or later but how does this minimize the release of the all the exhaust goo ? The only way I can think of to eliminate this is to avoid running the sled at an RPM that is below to point were the exhaust valves open - and we all know that won't happen.

Thank you in advance for the education.

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
You can install pink VES springs (actually those might not be right for the 900) and do away with the entire solenoid setup if you want. Just make sure you plug the hose barbs on the VES valves and you're good to go. You'll drop a little weight in the process.

However, since the solenoid is controlled by the ECU, I'd probably just run a longer hose to somewhere it doesn't make a mess and call it good.

S
Dec 3, 2007
Kalispell, MT
After the first time it dumped an oily mixture all over my bellypan and A-arm, I went to Home Depot and found some clear rubber tubing that slid snugly over the hose you are talking about, and secured it with a hose clamp. I cut it so that it just stick out below the bottom edge of the belly pan, so if it spews any black, oily residue, it shouldn't end up on or in my sled. I did this two years ago, and haven't had any issues. It's cheap and easy to do.

B

bradrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Does anybody know what this system does? Is it just an emissions thing or is it important? My 07 600 rmk has this to, I would like to just junk it.

Premium Features